BY REQUEST- MY FG SWB (the 20 cent tour)

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I'm sorry... I probably should have been a little more specific in my reply.
My FG84D has had a coil suspension conversion done by ATW. Part of that modification included the addition of a steering damper.
I do not believe that a steering damper is an OEM component on a Canter, which probably explains why your truck does not have one.

bptp7270

Adventurer
That's correct, the steering damper is not standard fare on the Canter although I reckon it should be. I caught the side of a log while doing a creek crossing in my previous 649 and the steering wheel spun so hard that I near broke my hand. I'm sure a decent steering damper would have slowed down the kickback a little. Perhaps this is why Blackduck has fitted one even though he is still on leaves?

blackduck

Explorer
Sorry for the late response Ben but weve been out at Lake Argyle sucking up the serenity.
Its an after market return to centre steering damper as has already been said
its been great at taking the wobbles out of the steering wheel and reduces the whip round effect on rough ground
ATW fit them on thier conversions
I manufactured a solid mount from 10mm m/s bolted to a crossmember and then to the steering rod
its a good investment

blackduck

Explorer
Here in the west they are very big on Christmas in July
Why? - damned if I know I cant even stomach Christmas in December
but just of late there has been the smell of rancid reindeer and the faint sound of jingle bells

I WONDER WHAT IT COULD BE ??

blackduck

Explorer
So anyway im riding home from work with the sound of sleigh bell fading into the distance and you wouldn't believe it but santa had left a load at my front door
Dirty fat B**stard
so I had to hose that off before it stained the pavers

but to my surprise sitting in front of the truck

MERRY CHRISTMAS STU

wheels.jpg

thanks Alan (I MEAN SANTA)
see wishes do come true if your credit card has enough on it

and with all that cheer and good will to man bollocks out of the way
Alan can now paint his truck a proper colour :wings:

Aussie Iron

Explorer
They look great,(what only 5) now the tyre choice is the next problem. So now I know why the question the other day but let me say this with the way that mine are running I believe that I would fit another set. The thing being that I use mine of road as well and there maybe a better tyre if most of your running is done on road. I still have not had any problem with the tyre beads that I'm using.

Dan.

selfy

Observer
shiny bits .............. we likes shiny bits

better lock 'em away Stu I'm only an hour away from ya ............. hahaha

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Don't know if you realised this or not Stu, but your driving lights have gone mouldy... ;)
Too much sitting in one spot I suspect.

blackduck

Explorer
They look great,(what only 5) now the tyre choice is the next problem. So now I know why the question the other day but let me say this with the way that mine are running I believe that I would fit another set. The thing being that I use mine of road as well and there maybe a better tyre if most of your running is done on road. I still have not had any problem with the tyre beads that I'm using.

Dan.

ive been looking around dan but I need a tyre that's good on road plus can do sand
we have a lot of sand here
price aswell plays a big part
and so far the kl71 comes in as the goods at $370 per tyre
its only going to be used for holidays and weekends now so I could get good wear out of them
and they look good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior