BY REQUEST- MY FG SWB (the 20 cent tour)

blackduck

Explorer
Does not matter what you choose Stu. Driving up and down the driveway ain't gunna wear 'em out, now is it? ;)

speaking with some experience there Owen ?
lets just say now im a home owner my (read my wife's) priorities have changed
but that doesn't change the old saying
he who dies with the most toys - dies happy !!! :wings:

Thespoon

Observer
Absolutely....
I figure that my tyres will outlast me at the rate I am currently going.
At the pace I am going now it will take me 30 years to rack up 50K on my truck.

Ahhhhhh....I can't help but feeling sorry for you two guys, after 4 years exploring (not driveways) but this great country of ours the tacho reads now 100120 kms. Do I look pleased.......you bet I do!:wings:

blackduck

Explorer
Don't feel sorry for me Adrian, after all it was in the middle of no where when we crossed paths not the middle of town
lets just say im having a short break from travel to keep the wife happy

you know what they say
happy wife - suicidal tendencies (read happy life)

blackduck

Explorer
Are you after 35" tyres Stu? BF goodrich have a rugged terrain tyre which is a road style tread 285/75/16 (33") 126 load rating for $313

and the winner is Mickey Thompson AT's 285 75 R 16 126R
more tread depth than the BF and stronger side walls

MT%20ATZ5-500x500.jpg

not as out there as the KL's but about the same price

we'll see how they go

LeishaShannon

Adventurer
Is WA transport nicer than QLD? How are you getting away with 126 load rate tyres when the tyre placard has ~4300KG for the rear axle?

blackduck

Explorer
Is WA transport nicer than QLD? How are you getting away with 126 load rate tyres when the tyre placard has ~4300KG for the rear axle?

in answer to your question
NO
WA licensing are a bunch of micro managing retards that wouldn't know if their a** was on fire
well that's been my experience to date anyway
my truck is regd in QLD and derated to 4.5T

LeishaShannon

Adventurer
I'm confused. When QLD transport derated my truck the tyre placard had to stay the same as what it would have been from the factory @ 4495KG, so even though the GVM is 4495KG the rear axle is still rated at 4480KG. Was yours modified lower?

blackduck

Explorer
Im sure referring to the scalies as retards will get you off any way ;-)

Shannon lets just say ive had certain dealings with the bureaucracy
like the time it took 6 hours of my life and thousands of tax payers dollars so they could charge me $148 to change registration on my van
or when I fronted up with my MC licence and the nationally approved commercial drivers medical so I could change my "national licence over and got knocked back because it was not a WA form
No I cant see anything wrong with the system at all !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12