BY REQUEST- MY FG SWB (the 20 cent tour)

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I totally hear you Stu, but on the other side of the coin... I encountered a very amicable guy at the motor registry that allowed me to register my truck as a "motorhome under construction", which saved me thousands.
Totally depends on the day and the person. Sometimes you get lucky and other times you get screwed. I will not even go down the route of a "national" system for standards...

blackduck

Explorer
I'm confused. When QLD transport derated my truck the tyre placard had to stay the same as what it would have been from the factory @ 4495KG, so even though the GVM is 4495KG the rear axle is still rated at 4480KG. Was yours modified lower?

youll notice that with your de rated GVM of 4495Kg your GCM remains the same, (I think its about 10.5T)
so going off the plates you can legally tow a 6 T trailer behind your 4.5T truck
interesting concept ???
I don't think they'll take a birthday off you if you fitted blingy singles
last time I got pulled up he was more interested in talking about the truck than what it weighed
in fact im sure that's why he stopped me

blackduck

Explorer
I totally hear you Stu, but on the other side of the coin... I encountered a very amicable guy at the motor registry that allowed me to register my truck as a "motorhome under construction", which saved me thousands.
Totally depends on the day and the person. Sometimes you get lucky and other times you get screwed. I will not even go down the route of a "national" system for standards...

Owen you aint seen nothing till you've seen the WA DOT in action
its like stepping back 20 years
they even still mail your licence out to you - very 80's
but the thing I like the most was when I was quoting from a WA DOT fact sheet and got the response "we don't take any notice of that you have to do as we say":Wow1:

Amesz00

Adventurer
feel your pain Stu..
we have the same dramas and headaches trying to license new vehicles in perth.. even though they are federally approved and/or have engineers' certificate the clown at the pits always wants his little power trip over something stupid...

youll notice that with your de rated GVM of 4495Kg your GCM remains the same, (I think its about 10.5T)
so going off the plates you can legally tow a 6 T trailer behind your 4.5T truck
interesting concept ???

the story ive been told on this (by several different truck dealers) is that on a truck you can legally tow the difference between trucks current weight and GCM.. BUT- weight of the trailer cannot exceed weight of the truck.. which makes me question how the heck can light vehicles get licensed to tow 3500kg regardless- none of them even have that as a GVM!

Sagestone

Observer
Hi Stu,
Been away on local adventures. Enjoyed the tour greatly but am having trouble putting the 20 cents through my pc...hard drive is not sounding too good:ylsmoke: Regards, Dean

blackduck

Explorer
THEY'RE ON !!!

And they look so good I think Im sporting a little chubby

bling wheels (2).jpgbling wheels (3).jpgbling wheels (4).jpg

and the mickey T's go a treat
Dan you were right about the muddies - had a close look at a set at my tyre guy, youd have to be nuts to drive on the road on them
Even went as far as the little chrome wheel nut caps
On the road it will take some getting used to - its a different feel compared to the cheese cutters
but overall I think it will be an improvement if not on the road then definitely in the boudoir
GET READY DRAGON IVE GOT BLINGY WHEELS AND IM FEELIN SEXY
now theres an image that you don't want stuck in the back of your mind

although im thinking Alan treats the rims with some kind of nerve agent
ever since they arrived ive been thinking of BEIGE

blackduck

Explorer
Looks good Stu! you won't want to get them dirty now! whats the ride like now?

time will tell but it feels better already
steering felt better from the get go
mind you I haven't really been up and down the driveway enough yet

the wheels look fantastic though - give the truck that sporty look and dress it up a treat
even my tyre guy was impressed and hes seen that many wheels he doesn't get excited easy
A couple did take a bit of weight though, not sure if that was the wheel or tyre (probably the tyre - I haven't heard of to many CNC made tyres before)
Mickeys I think are the better choice in 285 75 R 16 (126R) over the BFG's deeper tread more AT pattern
but we'll have to see how they wear
First impressions Im rapt
do you want to see the picky again
TOO LATE
bling wheels (4).jpg

blackduck

Explorer
Out of interest Stu, how much does each wheel/tyre weigh?

couldn't tell you in Kg
but with tyres on they are noticeably lighter than the 750's
to put my spare up on its mount with the old tyres was a bit of a lift
with the bling I picked it up out of the back carried it around the truck easily placed it on its mount
wouldn't carry the old wheels Id roll them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998