Death Valley 2007 "Trophy Event"

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Here's a pic I took earlier this year. over presidents day.

l_127247a4ccf1fe3842e460c608e42b79.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
A scientific trip sounds like work...... can we just pretend? :hehe:

Actually, I am surprised that no one has set up time lapse cameras with infrared flood lights the way they do with the weird moths on the island of Madagascar. Took them forever to catch one unfurling its super long tongue.

rmarz

Adventurer
teotwaki said:
A scientific trip sounds like work...... can we just pretend? :hehe:

Actually, I am surprised that no one has set up time lapse cameras with infrared flood lights the way they do with the weird moths on the island of Madagascar. Took them forever to catch one unfurling its super long tongue.

I'll bet if we worked this right we could get a federal grant! Imagine Uncle Sam funding a bunch of Expo folks to go out and solve this mystery once and for all.

Photog

Explorer
How tough could it be, it is all rocks until you get to the Racetrack.:safari-rig:

We would have to make observations from shore, since we can't walk out in the mud. We will need to bring a half-dozen transits, for vector measurements.:Astrologist:

Photog

Explorer
I think we should jump in and give a big appology for:

HIJACKING THIS THREAD.

Sorry Dude.:oops:

Last edited:

rmarz

Adventurer
teotwaki said:
Probably should kick it around in a real trip planning thread...?

Sounds like a good idea Jim, I sure would like to get back there and do some hiking before the temps hit 1000 plus!. I may not be 100% clear on the term ‘hijacking’ when it comes to threads, but as a participant in the trip I was not offended by the bantering which was Death Valley related. If anyone was offended I say, sorry, lets load up our trucks and head out to Death Valley for some camp fire counseling.

Photog

Explorer
I thought I was hijacking the thread by kicking up a bunch of dust, on the Recetrack-Rock theories and when we should go watch them move around.

We try to get down to Death Valley every two years. So far, it has been in the spring time. I think late winter would be an interesting time to go see the place again.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Photog said:
I thought I was hijacking the thread by kicking up a bunch of dust, on the Recetrack-Rock theories and when we should go watch them move around.

We try to get down to Death Valley every two years. So far, it has been in the spring time. I think late winter would be an interesting time to go see the place again.

It was loosely on topic and since you drive a 4Runner like I do.... :arabia:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Originally Posted by rmarz
... lets load up our trucks and head out to Death Valley for some camp fire counseling.

Will Mr. Sam Adams be the camp counselor?? :beer: :camping:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan