Eezi Awn Trailer Tent

Nuclear Redneck

Adventurer
I have posted information on our web site about the new Globetrotter Trailer Tent by Eezi Awn http://www.adventuretrailers.com/rooftent.html

If you click on the thumbnail of the Trailer Tent an informational page will open up.

It's a very interesting and utilitarian design that allows for many set up combinations. The Trailer Tent can also be mounted on vehicles with roof racks not greater than 59".

The attached pictures "Star" Paul May, and were shot in South Africa. The trailer is a Jurgens.

The tents are in a container that is due in to Long Beach this week.

You, sir, are an enabler of the first order! I like it!:drool:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Nothing new or innovative, Hannibal has been making something like this for a long time...

Chris

You need to study the difference more closely.

It's always in the details. :)

The Hannibal resembles the Eezi Awn T Top, this design is substantially different.

Last edited:

Martyn

Martyn you guys are killing me!! Where was this last year when we bought our Chaser? Anyway I absolutely love the design. A few questions though. Do you have the demensions of the mattress? We currently have an 1800 and it works well for the three of us. I'm concerned the actual bed won't be large enough for 2 adults and a child. Also I don't see any photos showing just the tent deployed with any type of closure sealing it off. Can it be zipped up or do you need to install the entire room to close it off? Does it mount using the same brackets we have on our trailer now? Is it necessary to use the two guy lines to keep the tent secure when open? The standing enclosure would be really nice for changing and placing a heater in it. I'm going to have to run this one by the wife! :drool:

The tent is 63" wide and 83" long, so for comparisons it's the same size as a 1600

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Nothing new or innovative, Hannibal has been making something like this for a long time...

The problem is neither of those would work like the Eezi-Awn product when mounted on a trailer or bed of a truck. This allows a standup awning and walk through door when mounted on a trailer or truck, the other simply don't. Take a close look at the actual sleeping platform of the new Eezi-Awn, it doesn't "double" in size like the other models, its got a larger base right off the get go, and with the non cantilevered size, they create a nice enclosure area. :victory:

Last edited:

ThomD

Explorer
Chris

You need to study the difference more closely.

It's always in the details. :)

The Hannibal resembles the Eezi Awn T Top, this design is substantially different.

Martyn,

Can you point out the differences between this new one and the T Top? Since I've never seen any RTT in person, the subtleties are lost on me.

Bergger

Explorer
Has one been mounted on a Chaser or Horizon yet? Being significantly larger than a series 1800 when closed, 13" longer and 15" wider, I'd like to see what the over hangs look like.

Martyn

Has one been mounted on a Chaser or Horizon yet? Being significantly larger than a series 1800 when closed, 13" longer and 15" wider, I'd like to see what the over hangs look like.

The base is 1 inch narrower than the overall width of the Chaser trailer and 11 inches longer than the main box. So it's not a bad fit. You would need one more crossbar.

The Horizon would need to be fitted with the same sub-frame we install when we put a 2200 on. Otherwise the fit is straight forward.

Martyn

Martyn,

Can you point out the differences between this new one and the T Top? Since I've never seen any RTT in person, the subtleties are lost on me.

An Eezi Awn T-Top is primarily designed to fit on top of a vehicle, so it's mounting height is usually above head height. The roof that extends over the ladder is a held in place by a horizontal hoop. When you mount this on a trailer the horizontal loop is at chest height so you have to stoop to go under it, usually hitting the top of your head. In addition the panel walls are longer to accommodate the taller vehicle mounting, so they either have to be shortened or removed for use with a trailer.

The Globetrotter is primarily a trailer tent, although it does work on vehicles. The roof over the ladder is supported by a hoop that is angled out at about 45'. So when it is mounted at trailer height there is ample room for you to walk under it standing upright.

The outer edge of the roof line houses an Eezi Awn awning that extends outward beyond the enclosure.

Hello All,

Be sure to check out the Autohome Overzone. Its like the Overland but has the front "porch". I have it along with all the sides that make up a room. It is an awesome tent and the tan top with the OD green sides are really cool looking. Looks great on my m416! Plus you dont have to put up the sides if you dont want to and the porch can be folded back as well. No Aff but I love the tent!!

caleb

My last post totally sounds like a sales pitch but I looked at the ezi awns as well and thought the OZ was a better tent. I dont have any good pics of it all built with the room and all but Ill try and include a pick of it open..

Attachments

• IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    404.3 KB · Views: 202

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Globetrotter Trailer:
attachment.php

T-top 1600:
t-top2.jpg

Big size difference in height and space in room below. Plus the T-top version doesn't include the cool awning. Not to mention the basic design difference of folding versus not folding and a unloaded ladder.

Pete

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
My last post totally sounds like a sales pitch but I looked at the ezi awns as well and thought the OZ was a better tent. I dont have any good pics of it all built with the room and all but Ill try and include a pick of it open..

Looks like a great tent and I'm sure it is, but are you looking at the pics of the new Eezi-Awn when you compare the two? They are totally different and the current style of RTT's for other manufactures don't offer the same advantage which is the stylish and practical integration with a trailer or truck bed.

ThomD

Explorer
I'm slow. It took me forever to realize that this design does not fold in half. I'd love to see a video of the setup process. How does the setup time for the basic setup compare to traditional RTT?

Martyn

I'm slow. It took me forever to realize that this design does not fold in half. I'd love to see a video of the setup process. How does the setup time for the basic setup compare to traditional RTT?

We just got a shipment of tents, but we are right in the middle of moving shops right now. So it's going to take a little time before we get back to the tents.

The set up of the main tent should be very similar to a regular RTT. Once we get a chance we'll time the whole thing.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
One of the biggest differences in the tent is that it is designed with a "closer to the ground" mount. The Hannibal and Eezi-Awn T-top are designed for a high mounting point ie. on top of the roof of the vehicle. The canvas is longer to reach the ground, the door is designed with that in mind also. The floor of the tent is, in essence, a roof over your head in the changing room.

This tent has similar features, but is designed to be mounted lower than on the roof. It is for a trailer or on the bed of a pickup. All this while still being able to stand upright in the changing room and not stooping under anything.

Very awesome tent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998