From Stock To Stacked...The Story Of A JK

WFTW

Adventurer
I decided I wanted all the stickers to be a bright yellow...stands out nice against the black. I've contacted the guy who printed out my sponsor's stickers in white and he shipped me the yellow ones yesterday. The only sticker not in that color are the two Pirate 4x4 ones (they're green with a yellow outline).

Other than that, we did a lot of cleaning under the hood and everything on the outside except for the paint (hard top, rock rails, fender flares, etc). Looks real nice I think.

DSC_0004-7.jpg

sgwr.jpg

wergw.jpg

WFTW

Adventurer
Got more done today.

I finished the installation of the Raingler Nets. I'm liking these more and more every time I look at them...especially the one that goes on top...can hang my cell phone, sunglasses, etc up there. I could also stuff a windbreaker between the netting and the hard top (which will come in handy when the sun goes down and I have my doors off.

Rear side nets.
DSC_0028-2.jpg

Top net.
DSC_0026-1.jpg

Rear part of top net with hard top on.
DSC_0029-1.jpg

Front part of top net with hard top on.
DSC_0030-1.jpg

More to follow in a few mintues...

WFTW

Adventurer
Today I installed nozzles that spray a VERY fine mist. This is a brand new kit which will be available through Overbuilt Customs in the near future. Below are the details.

This is the water reservoir. It holds 6 gallons of water and is clear so you can see how much water you have left. I installed mine on the left side of the vehicle on top of my Tuffy security box. I will have a bracket made for it next week to keep it from sliding around.
DSC_0003-8.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Disclaimer photo!
DSC_0058.jpg

I chose to run the power wire and water line under the roll bar padding, starting at the back left, up across the top, and to the windshield.
DSC_0008-3.jpg

DSC_0009-6.jpg

The power wire was then run to the switch I installed in my Tuffy overhead security console (4th switch from the left). However, you could run the wire down the left side of the windshield quite easily and put a switch near the front left speaker.
DSC_0013-3.jpg

I continued running the water line across the top of the windshield and then under the right side roll bars, where it then ended.

The water nozzles are like a "T"...you just cut the wire at the location you want to install the nozzle, plug the water line into one in and the other part of the line into the other end...making it one whole piece again. The water then comes out the 3rd point.

I installed 4 nozzles (one for each seat). The blue valve in the first picture is a cut-off valve. I put this in so that if I'm the only one in the vehicle, I can make it so the water only comes out on the left side. Since the water line is on a continuous loop, I cannot make it so that it only comes out the front left nozzle (driver seat) unless I ran put the first nozzle there. It's possible though, because I could go from there, across the front windshield to the front right seat, then to the rear right seat, then across the rear roll bar to the rear left seat. I might re-do this, but am not sure if I'll bother with it just yet.

Front left.
DSC_0017-3.jpg

Rear left.
DSC_0014-4.jpg

Front right.
DSC_0019-1.jpg

Rear right.
DSC_0018-4.jpg

More to come in a few minutes...

WFTW

Adventurer
CONTINUED...

The nozzles can be rotated in or out. This will come in handy if you're hanging out at the beach outside the vehicle or if you want to adjust where you want the mist to spray.
DSC_0025-1.jpg

Here they are in action...
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

The water they shoot out is VERY fine. On a hot day in the sun, you will notice it will cool you off, but will far from drench you.

This thing is PERFECT for those of us who like riding around with our doors and tops off. Sitting in traffic in the summer will no longer be unbearable. I won't sweat my you-know-whats off when rock crawling either.

The water tanks will be available in different sizes and different shapes. They will even be available in a bladder (that you could hang from Raingler Nets, the back of a seat, etc.

The application will work with ANY vehicle, but is targeted towards those with Jeeps, old FJ's, trailered rigs, and anything else that has removable doors and/or tops. You could even put it on ATV's.

Recommendation...install a relay. The pump only puts out 2 watts max, but you never know.

Recommendation...if you choose to install this like I did, then you may want to stitch up the part of the roll bar padding that was cut to install the nozzles. I will be getting that done next week so the cuts do not expand.

NOTE: ANY type of water can be run with this. You will not have to worry about water sitting in the lines for extended period of times, which could eventually clog the nozzles. When you turn this off, the water is sucked out of the lines back into the reservoir.

NOTE: You can run as many nozzles as you want...2, 4, 6, etc. It's just a matter of cutting the water line and plugging in a nozzle...VERY easy! The kit will come with 4 nozzles.

If anyone has any questions, fire away and I'll do my best to answer them. Oh, and no, I don't get a kick-back or whatever. I was just the fortunate individual who was the first to get this.

booger

Observer
sweet!!!

has it sunk in yet that your journey is starting in just days? :)

i think we've got everything ironed out for our event too, just waiting on it to happen :victory:

TheGillz

Explorer
Man I swear I saw you crossing 95th street in Peoria yesterday by the Cardinals stadium! If it wasn't you, you have a copy cat in Phoenix!!

WFTW

Adventurer
sweet!!!

has it sunk in yet that your journey is starting in just days? :)

i think we've got everything ironed out for our event too, just waiting on it to happen :victory:

I'm REALLY looking forward to getting started! One week from tomorrow I'll depart Jacksonville, Florida and won't return for over 6 months...should be quite the experience.

Man I swear I saw you crossing 95th street in Peoria yesterday by the Cardinals stadium! If it wasn't you, you have a copy cat in Phoenix!!

Certainly wasn't me...I've been in FL for some time now. Would be cool to see another JK like mine though.

WFTW

Adventurer
I'm currently in West Palm Beach for the International Boat Show. This is Brad's (Overbuilt Customs) 5th year displaying vehicles he builds in the show and he let me tag along so we could display the Jeep and trailer. The show is from Thursday to Sunday.

The reaction to the Jeep, trailer, and the WFTW has been GREAT! People are really impressed with the program and I've received many "thanks."

It's quite warm down here (80 to 85 degrees), which has given me the opportunity to turn on the water misting nozzles. The looks on people's faces are priceless! I've heard many "f-word sick", "************", and similar type comments. It's great that the Jeep and trailer are so built up because it attracts people to the set-up and gives me an opportunity to tell them about the WFTW program.

In just one day here, I've met a lot of really nice people. It's fun to tell them about the WFTW program and they're really impressed (and shocked that I would take this set-up off-road and beat on it).

Here's a few shots of the display.
DSC_0006-8.jpg

DSC_0008-4.jpg

DSC_0013-4.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0025-2.jpg

DSC_0030-2.jpg

DSC_0032-2.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

Last edited:

WFTW

Adventurer
With the WFTW program kick off in just one more week (which means I'll be on the road for over 6 months with limited internet access), I will no longer be able to keep up with things on this forum. When I log onto the internet, it will be just enough time to keep up with things involving the WFTW program.

I really like this forum and will continue to be a part of it when the program is completed in October, so please don't take my absence the wrong way. I just feel that my time is better spent ensuring out wounded service members have a terrific time at the over 25 events we have scheduled for them.

If you'd like to see the WFTW Jeep and/or trailer, please feel free to attend one of the WFTW events and help us entertain a very deserving group of individuals. The schedule can be found at www.wheelersforthewounded.org.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior