OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

We brought our camper out for a 4-day trip. We went to stay on the Brazos River in Cleburne Texas. Very beautiful had a great time. Being that it was windy we decided not to put the awning up, so we decided to use a tarp which my wife sewed on a Keder bar for the Keder Rail which is located on the front of the awning. We started putting it on the awning Keder rail, but it was tight and I was having a rough time without a ladder pulling it all the way across. I did not want to rip it or anything first time using it. We decided to put it on the rail behind the awning. I believe it is a gutter rail. Not sure. It slid right on there and worked perfectly. Didn't really think about that rail but that could also help if it were to rain to where the rain will not be coming down in between the awning and the camper. It fit great. So if there is anybody out there who buys the Keder bar for the Keder rail and sews it on to a tarp it is a lot more stable than using the awning itself. We had up to 20 to 25 mph winds the tarp held up well. I will add some pictures. View attachment 824071View attachment 824072View attachment 824074View attachment 824075View attachment 824076View attachment 824077View attachment 824078
2444da14b3e696aa046234cf41009289.jpg
3decf85c353d78c4203d628e5d30cfec.jpg
ae4d1f3b1a5849c94b154f9a50fd00da.jpg
61b62f24be5b23ea20658386b7725415.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
That is awesome ! Very professional looking.

tjtx

It's happening!

Ripping out all of the existing controls and moving it all to redarc. Everything arrived today, but i'll be out of town this weekend and a wedding the next. Hoping i can start next week during the week assuming the weather and work holds up. I'm going to have my wife document the whole install, but the general bit is the TVMS1240 going near the light switches to control all of the lights and a couple of outputs from them to control my starlink 45a relay and the 40a relay for the heater, the big TVMS1280 going behind where the old fuse panel is at controlling most of the higher amperage loads and providing an interface back to their 2000w inverter, adding the Manager30 as the shore/solar/vehicle charging controller with a new 4gauge set headed to the truck. Also adding a 4th 100w panel to the roof while i'm at it since there's room and it literally just glues down.

If i free up enough room under the bed i also plan to add a 4th 100ah battery. We'll see if there's enough.

Attachments

• IMG_3452.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 26
It's happening!

Ripping out all of the existing controls and moving it all to redarc. Everything arrived today, but i'll be out of town this weekend and a wedding the next. Hoping i can start next week during the week assuming the weather and work holds up. I'm going to have my wife document the whole install, but the general bit is the TVMS1240 going near the light switches to control all of the lights and a couple of outputs from them to control my starlink 45a relay and the 40a relay for the heater, the big TVMS1280 going behind where the old fuse panel is at controlling most of the higher amperage loads and providing an interface back to their 2000w inverter, adding the Manager30 as the shore/solar/vehicle charging controller with a new 4gauge set headed to the truck. Also adding a 4th 100w panel to the roof while i'm at it since there's room and it literally just glues down.

If i free up enough room under the bed i also plan to add a 4th 100ah battery. We'll see if there's enough.
if you go with Li Time mini Batteries, i think 600ah could be doable.

I will check with the Wife. She is the the sewer. I bought her a sewing machine for Christmas with a sole intention of creating that tarp. LOL! I will get back with you guys.
If you're up for show and tell, I'd love to see the tarp in real life. Are you using the rail behind the electric awning?

Flettrich3

If you're up for show and tell, I'd love to see the tarp in real life. Are you using the rail behind the electric awning?
I will take a picture of the tarp this weekend to give a closer glance.
I added a 6mm keder bar to the Tarp which originally was only for the keder rail on the awning. The tarp fits on that awning rail, but is very snug. Being how snug it was I had a hard time pulling it through the awning rail because of the height and wind outside. This is when I tried it in the railing behind the awning. The fit there was not as snug as the awning rail, and I was able to pull the tarp all the way across without any problems. I like that rail a lot better. No tension on the awning at all so wind can not damage plus will give more coverage then the awning it self. Rain was no problem as well because it did rain while we had it up and it held up well. Its better then using the awning! Hand down. No weather worries. It can also be used as an extension to the awning which creates a huge space if needed.

Finally able to post this project. Full victron conversion.

I designed all the brackets and mounting points (should fit other Dwellers, maybe). I had them cut out of mild steel. Mostly 14ga & 16ga. Aluminum for the battery clamp. @WillySwan was a major help with his drawings. That allowed me to identify all the fuses needed. The inverter is on a 300a fuse with capacity of a 1,000a fuse. There's a master disconnect switch that will allow me to have everything off, the DC loads only or everything on. There's also a hard solar disconnect. Portable solar is on a Milwaukee Packout foot and held in with a magnet. All batteries and portable solar can be easily removed and unplugged with the Anderson SB50 disconnects. There's a 100a fuse on each battery hot post. Also have external solar plug and aux 12v on the tongue. Not shown (but designed and ready for) is the new DC DC charger from Victron.

Let me know if you want pictures of anything specific.

These three pictures show the external plugs. One for external auxiliary 12v (30a capacity) and one for portable solar.

20240309_140414.jpg20240317_191050.jpgIMG_20240309_165325.jpg

Ignore the black painted wood. It's gonna get some attention soon. Lol, it's left over from my Renogy days.

20240317_135313.jpg

These two pictures are of the battery tray and batteries installed. Also shown is the SB50 bar and portable solar controller.

20240316_192123.jpgsignal-2024-03-17-12-55-07-313.jpg

Low voltage fuse block.

20240316_185511.jpg

Riv nut attachment for the Multiplus bracket.

20240310_183808.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online