OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

obi-1 kenobi

good morning, All. i just joined this forum.
my story goes like this. back in 2016 i started looking at overland trailers. found a nucamp tag boondock XL that i could afford. did several mods on it. was very happy with it.
I just bought a used Dweller 13 2022. i signed the deal and will pick it up this Saturday. can't wait. so i have a question.
the dealer is trying to sale me an extended warranty. not sure it will be worth the cost if the manufacture no longer makes the Dweller 13. (lol did not find that out till after i signed.)
there is some damage to the back panel that lifts up to make the roof of the slide out bed area. it has at some time buckled horizontally, (Thats how i found out that they no longer make that model). i called to see if i could get a back panel and what it would cost. and that answer was "we no longer carry that model" so hence the warranty question.
the door is not toast i can fix it and make some doublers to reinforce the buckle area.

my story goes like this. back in 2016 i started looking at overland trailers. found a nucamp tag boondock XL that i could afford. did several mods on it. was very happy with it.
I just bought a used Dweller 13 2022. i signed the deal and will pick it up this Saturday. can't wait. so i have a question.
the dealer is trying to sale me an extended warranty. not sure it will be worth the cost if the manufacture no longer makes the Dweller 13. (lol did not find that out till after i signed.)
there is some damage to the back panel that lifts up to make the roof of the slide out bed area. it has at some time buckled horizontally, (Thats how i found out that they no longer make that model). i called to see if i could get a back panel and what it would cost. and that answer was "we no longer carry that model" so hence the warranty question.
the door is not toast i can fix it and make some doublers to reinforce the buckle area.
Do you have skills and tools? If so, 100% skip the warranty.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Who is the dealer and who is the warranty with?

gendlert

What I find weird is that they told you they don't make that model. I thought the rear ends (bumpers/spare mounts aside) were identical between D13 and D15. I'm pretty sure the D15 back door should fit. Regardless, if you can fix it, I think you'll be happier in the long run not getting the warranty, cuz what are they gonna do if they can't source the parts?

In related news, someone should pick up one of these super cheap models and start parting it out for all of us. I don't have the room in my driveway, but I've seen pics of Obsessed's garage and he totally does. @Obsessed2findARuggedHybid you should buy one and start making money off all of us!

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

What I find weird is that they told you they don't make that model. I thought the rear ends (bumpers/spare mounts aside) were identical between D13 and D15. I'm pretty sure the D15 back door should fit. Regardless, if you can fix it, I think you'll be happier in the long run not getting the warranty, cuz what are they gonna do if they can't source the parts?

In related news, someone should pick up one of these super cheap models and start parting it out for all of us. I don't have the room in my driveway, but I've seen pics of Obsessed's garage and he totally does. @Obsessed2findARuggedHybid you should buy one and start making money off all of us!

You maybe on to something. A side hustle is not a bad idea but my snooty HOA would bring charges for having two trailers on the property 😉. Man I hope you didn't stumble across that YT vid on my trailer. My kids think I am the biggest dork.

All kidding aside new Dweller owners should just send $ to you, Cowboy, and all the other regulars that take the time to post all the mods and fixes. You are true patriots! Then you would have enough money to throw down on that 2024 Dweller 15 Friendly Addition 😉

obi-1 kenobi

i'm sorry in my post i wrote that "i called ". my bad i e-mailed them to inquirer about getting the replacement panel. after i got the reply "we no longer make that model" i did reply and ask if the dweller 15 back panel would work on the 13. i never heard back from them. on a note: if you call their number, you get 2 options. press 1 or press 2 sales or dealer. no option for parts or service dept.
after waiting 3 days for a reply and nothing. I did ask the guys at ROA (lots of video's on utube) if they could get a panel, they told me they were in the same boat, they get no reply from Dweller.
on a side note speaking of ROA they did a live rant of manufacturers going out of business. in that video they did say the name of the company in china that builds the base unites for 3 or 4 other similar models. to the dweller.

i do thank you all for your help.

Flettrich3

I am having some issues with the Thetford Toilet. For some time we have had issues with water not coming out of the spout into the toilet. Today I opened up the cassette hatch to see if I could figure out what was going on. I even went into the camper to pull out the pump. The pump works great does what it's supposed to do. At least from what I can see it works it's just not sucking up any water. So, I just discovered that I am supposed to add water to that elbow opening in the cassette hatch. I unscrewed the top to that elbow and it was filled with water. So, I am figuring that the tank or the toilet is filled up with water like it says it's supposed to be. I go back into the camper put the pump down as far as it will go pull it back up and I feel no water. I head back outside to try to figure out how to drain the water, and I did. The water that was in the elbow didn't budge after I drained the water. So, I turned the little elbow to the side and all of the water that was in that elbow poured out. So, now I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and try to add water because now there is no water in that tank. I started to add water but the only amount of water that it will allow in that little elbow piece is just enough to fill it. It's like it's clogged or something. No water is getting inside of the toilet for the flush to work. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks Robert

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I am having some issues with the Thetford Toilet. For some time we have had issues with water not coming out of the spout into the toilet. Today I opened up the cassette hatch to see if I could figure out what was going on. I even went into the camper to pull out the pump. The pump works great does what it's supposed to do. At least from what I can see it works it's just not sucking up any water. So, I just discovered that I am supposed to add water to that elbow opening in the cassette hatch. I unscrewed the top to that elbow and it was filled with water. So, I am figuring that the tank or the toilet is filled up with water like it says it's supposed to be. I go back into the camper put the pump down as far as it will go pull it back up and I feel no water. I head back outside to try to figure out how to drain the water, and I did. The water that was in the elbow didn't budge after I drained the water. So, I turned the little elbow to the side and all of the water that was in that elbow poured out. So, now I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and try to add water because now there is no water in that tank. I started to add water but the only amount of water that it will allow in that little elbow piece is just enough to fill it. It's like it's clogged or something. No water is getting inside of the toilet for the flush to work. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks Robert

Hey Robert, did you happen to see a little goofy looking funnel like this? It is required to get the water to push itself into the tank, beyond the swing elbow. The elbow may appear full, but the funnel is required to fill the tank.

1711198388005.png

I would not waste your money on the warranty ! The dealership is only as good as their supporting cast. Obi, is terrible at customer support, I am having issues with these clowns right now. Vincent ( owner) and Dustin ( his goon) have no idea how to run a business ! The dealership, I purchased my Obi from will not be selling Obi anymore. Bishes, Roa, are done as well, along with other dealerships across the country. Obi, should remove the dealerships from their website who are not dealing with them anymore. It is all the same reason. NO support after the sale from Obi. I contacted Bishes the other day in regards to a part. Once I said Obi, he chuckled. He said, he will see what he can do, but don't get your hopes up.

This site is a blessing ! It's really to bad Obi's customer service sucks ! All Obi is, is a middle man. All they do in their facility in Arizona, is Add a few things to the trailers to make them sales worthy. Other than that, they have no customer support, tech support, phone support or email support. Obi, tries to give the image of being a larger business than they really are. Their warehouse in Arizona, is pretty small. they have about 5 or six employees, Then Vincent ( Owner) his bff Dustin ( sales) and vincents's wife. Obi, had great potential, they have killed it with their lack of support. Keep in mind. When I was down in Arizona, Dustin was explaining to me their Info email, warranty email and all their phone options funnel down to Vincent. Obi, is just like the wizard of oz, with Vincent being the coward hiding behind the curtain. Obviously, I have no respect for their clown show, because they have no respect for their clients. Save your cheese and Cowboy, genderlt and the rest of this forums supporting cast well get you dialed in. Congrats, on your new rig !

i'm sorry in my post i wrote that "i called ". my bad i e-mailed them to inquirer about getting the replacement panel. after i got the reply "we no longer make that model" i did reply and ask if the dweller 15 back panel would work on the 13. i never heard back from them. on a note: if you call their number, you get 2 options. press 1 or press 2 sales or dealer. no option for parts or service dept.
after waiting 3 days for a reply and nothing. I did ask the guys at ROA (lots of video's on utube) if they could get a panel, they told me they were in the same boat, they get no reply from Dweller.
on a side note speaking of ROA they did a live rant of manufacturers going out of business. in that video they did say the name of the company in china that builds the base unites for 3 or 4 other similar models. to the dweller.

i do thank you all for your help.
Thx, for the sharing the video, this explains a lot.

Flettrich3

Hey Robert, did you happen to see a little goofy looking funnel like this? It is required to get the water to push itself into the tank, beyond the swing elbow. The elbow may appear full, but the funnel is required to fill the tank.

View attachment 825807
Holy cow! Really? I was wondering what that was for. I have looked through the book and look online I have yet to see anybody use that so can't wait to try it. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online