Pull-out Kitchen Thread

mvbeggs

Adventurer
Pull out kitchen / trailer kitchen cooking in bear county

Maybe a bit off topic but,

for you folks that frequent bear country, how do you handle cooking while using the trailer kitchen? How do you get the food smell away from the camp?

Sorry about the hijack. I'd be happy to start another thread if anyone feels that's best.

womacje

Adventurer
Maybe a bit off topic but,

for you folks that frequent bear country, how do you handle cooking while using the trailer kitchen? How do you get the food smell away from the camp?

Sorry about the hijack. I'd be happy to start another thread if anyone feels that's best.

Great question! I have wondered the same thing? I did see that Kanz kitchens just received a, USFS or something along those lines, Bear safe rating for their camp kitchens! Plus, they look great too.

ThomD

Explorer
The bear question has come up before here and here and here.

If (when) we get a trailer, the kitchen will be separate from the trailer. It may store in/on the trailer, but on site, we'll move them away from each other.

Here is my plan, from Robertson Enterprises.

300_LRG.jpg

mvbeggs

Adventurer
Bears and trailer cooking

Sorry about that. I should have been more judicious in my use of the "search" function. :oops:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

ThomD

Explorer
Sorry about that. I should have been more judicious in my use of the "search" function. :oops:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

No worries. The fact that we've had a few threads shows that it is a good question. The reason that I know about the threads is that it is a topic I care a lot about.

Welcome to the forum.

Photog

Explorer
Do these boxes qualify for "Pull-Out" kitchen, or are they more like "Chuck Box" kitchens?

Did Dusta ever get a distributor in the USA?

ThomD

Explorer
Do these boxes qualify for "Pull-Out" kitchen, or are they more like "Chuck Box" kitchens?

Did Dusta ever get a distributor in the USA?

The Robertson boxes are chuck boxes. I don't really have a place to mount any sort of pull out based setup.

djasinski

does anyone know of any pre-manufactured slide out kitchens like these that I could purchase and install into my own trailer build?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998