100W Portable kit on ebay

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Well, I could stand it no longer. Priced today at $165 the 100w panel still haunted me. I had to order one.
This will be my Black Friday Madness purchase for 2013.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
teeth biting! lol. Don't need.. but..
Yeah, yeah, I know my teeth hurt too. I finally gave in...
I already have a 100W and a 40W , what do I need with one more?
I think the 100W twins will ride in the trailer and the 40W will now reside in the truck.

Tumbleweed

Adventurer
Looking at these to help with charging the batteries in my tent trailer. Do not want a fixed mount, prefer to keep it portable for any use. How are you folks transporting these without damage? Would making a small angle iron frame to mount it in on the back of the tent trailer work? I have room between the spare tire mount and the body of the trailer, right off the rear bumper. Thinking a 3 sided frame to slide it into might work? This will just be for transport and storage. Will vibration kill it? Room in the truck is at a premium, and mounting to the roof of the trailer is a last choice for me.

JKJenn

Adventurer
Looking at these to help with charging the batteries in my tent trailer. Do not want a fixed mount, prefer to keep it portable for any use. How are you folks transporting these without damage? Would making a small angle iron frame to mount it in on the back of the tent trailer work? I have room between the spare tire mount and the body of the trailer, right off the rear bumper. Thinking a 3 sided frame to slide it into might work? This will just be for transport and storage. Will vibration kill it? Room in the truck is at a premium, and mounting to the roof of the trailer is a last choice for me.

This is a very good question. I have also wondered about transport/storage as well as usage. When I see the easel set-up, I like it, but I have often left and returned to much windier conditions. This is what makes the flexible panels, though significantly more expensive, seem like a safer bet. i would also be interested if anyone has mounted this panel and used while driving?

craig333

Expedition Leader
It sits very low to the ground so I think even if the wind were to knock it over it wouldn't be damaged. So far I've just tossed mine in the back seat, need to find a better place to store it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach

Members online