1987 4Runner- Expedition Build Up.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm selling other stuff to finance an ARB bumper for mine.

I need a job before...
broken-piggy-bank.jpg

I just had a WOW! moment a second ago. No, not "World of Warcraft" but a holy crap I could have killed someone.

Against better judgment, I used a bit of rope (thanks Mike) to pull down what was left of rotting tree. It came down in sections, but the last bit, about 2ft left out of the ground still needed to come out. So I backed up and put the rope back on it and gave another tug. First bit of tension didnt do anything so I gave another go to yank it. Well, the rope had enough kinetic energy to break the tree off at ground level and hurl it at the back of the truck!:oops:

Lesson learned.

IMG_1649.jpg

The bit of the tree...

The damage....
IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

Luckily, I had the back window down. But the impact broke the fiberglass and the window will not return to the full up position. :smilies27

So, I will never do that again, and I am DAMN glad no one was around the vehicle!

Bones

Observer
Wow
Go to work, will 'ya?
(so you're not bored enough to pull trees out of the ground with your truck)
Remember: "It may be short, but it sure is skinny"

Bones

Observer
It's not broke......
Just "persuade" the upper window rail back into shape with something blunt. (like a big flat blade screwdriver.) GO SLOWLY!!!!
In regards to the fiberglass......If it doesn't leak, don't worry about it. You'll probably crack it again doing something else crazy......:Wow1:

just needed an excuse for a can-back soft top?

:sombrero:
Now someone is talking! If only they didnt cost so bloody much! But, they do have the load capacity that would be ideal! I like the idea of being able to roll up the sides and still have overhead weather protection for the cargo area.... Plus they look awesome. One day.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Holy!....:Wow1:

I'm Speechless....

Thank God I'm Speechless.

I must be learning.

Sometimes....Speechless is a Good Thing! ....:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy