1995 Montero SR Build

Looked HERE but nothing was specifically said about the "4WD Power Circuit Fault "....
Oh and for the most part the 4wd lights work correctly. I have had them flash on occasion, and I would jiggle/push on the 4wd lever and correct the problem (most times), Faulty switch there?

scrubber3

Not really here
Not sure buddy. My best advice would be to wait for off-roader to chime in. He has experience with the SR. If I was there in person, I could be a lot more help. I don't want to take a blind stab at this one just to give false hope you know. Other than what I said earlier, the only other thing that I can think of is a possible foreign object displacing something. I know I have have some vehicles I was working on just need the ABS rings cleaned and some had a stick between the sensor and ring. The 4WD PCF could be a number of things though. Good luck and if you start to make progress and need advice on what a next step might be, just ask. I know they can be a booger to diagnose.

Surgery starts on Friday...

535753_771307906231_62002887_33977955_469509157_n.jpg

Got the lift assembled... and parts gathered....
535144_771804915221_62002887_33980114_234817897_n.jpg

I did not have the coin for mitsu parts, but ALL parts were manufactured in Japan. yes, that is an updated intake manifold with good butterfly valve. :)

Just in case you are wondering, we are base-lining the motor. Inspecting as much as possible to determine if there are other issues to correct. We want to be able to rely on the engine to take us (my wife and two daughters-6 years and 2 months) anywhere. Colorado, Big Bend, Mexico... where ever. Sure its overkill, but I rely on peace of mind.

Last edited:

Dgurley2000

Adventurer
We want to be able to rely on the engine to take us (my wife and two daughters-6 years and 2 months) anywhere. Colorado, Big Bend, Mexico... where ever. Sure its overkill, but I rely on peace of mind.

Sounds like a good plan to me! How long are you expecting the project to take? That's a nice homemade bench on your front porch :)

scrubber3

Not really here
Check your alternator output. I just found out I have to replace mine ... AGAIN.

Be sure to check the belt tension on the alternator and make sure it's not too tight as that will cause consistent part failure.

La outback, congrats on getting your stuff! Can't wait till you get it all on. Post up the results! :)

Sounds like a good plan to me! How long are you expecting the project to take? That's a nice homemade bench on your front porch
Well, since my buddy who is helping and I work full time... we're going to take 2-3 weekends. I'll be riding my bicycle to work rain or shine for 2-3 weeks :bike_rider: . The bench was my first project at the new house. I like it and will be doing a horizontal slat fence on the west side of the house soon. :)

Check your alternator output. I just found out I have to replace mine ... AGAIN.

I've replaced a couple of alternators out in the field, although they weigh a bit, I'll have a spare in the truck for any extended trips.

Be sure to check the belt tension on the alternator and make sure it's not too tight as that will cause consistent part failure.

La outback, congrats on getting your stuff! Can't wait till you get it all on. Post up the results! :)

I plan to take some decent photos of the process (or the key points at least), especially of the valve seals and timing belt as its a common topic.

Clem

Adventurer
The 4xinnovations website lists the sliders by vehicle. Do you know which (4runner, Tacoma, extended cab, double cab, etc.) are the 60"? How much is shipping?

Just curious. Thanks,

Clem

off-roader

Expedition Leader
The 4xinnovations website lists the sliders by vehicle. Do you know which (4runner, Tacoma, extended cab, double cab, etc.) are the 60"? How much is shipping?

Just curious. Thanks,

Clem

trailgear.com also has sliders that fit. They're the mid sized Tacoma sliders.

Yes, they do, but Trail-Gear.com doesn't offer a slider with the kick-out section at the back of the slider. Plus you're looking at a slider that is 58" instead of a more appropriate 60". I actually measured 64" and Adam at 4xinnovations said he could fabricate whatever length I needed for the added cost of the material. He also suggested to stick with the 60" to allow for tire clearances and such during articulation.

tacoslider.jpg

scrubber3

Not really here
67 inches fits perfect. This is what I have on mine and it couldn't be any better. Long enough to protect everything but allowing enough room to install tires larger than 35s. Allows for plenty of room for suspension movement too. Mine are made by trail gear and were only 200 dollars. Be sure to get the gussets if you go this route. I'm not sure 60 inches will be enough to keep the rocks out of in between them and the tires. Don't want to get stuck because of your rock sliders as I've seen it and it was embarrassing for the poor fella.

1stgenoverland

Adventurer
Wow. I've been endlessly inspired buy your truck. I have a 1991 Pajero that needs some suspension work. Bought a set of procomp 9000 to get me by for now and I'm hoping to have the 33 in tires on soon. You had mentioned putting heavy weight springs in the back. Because of the speed at which I browsed this forum, I think I missed some facts. First you mentioned you were going with OME rear coils but then later I saw something about ordering springs from trdparts4u or some thing like that. Were they infact the OME coils that you used to replace the factory springs or a Trd equivalent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven