1995 Montero SR Build

I bought (actually traded some stuff) it knowing the condition. Interior and exterior are in fair condition, but it'll be fine.

The options I'm considering, whenever I finish setting up the Montero, are:

Rebuild/replace the 3FE and install 4spd or 5spd Toyota manual. H41/42 or H55
Tune an OM617 Mercedes diesel to match or exceed HP and Torque values of the 3FE, mate above transmissions to OM617.
Chevy 5.3L (327) to above transmissions or (haven't researched this) a chevy transmission.

I may begin collecting the parts for this soon... once I weigh the options. Time to get the dry erase board out!

So that you guys can see that I haven't sold the truck... and for those who are interested in what color I went and the progress that's been made..... Still have all of the plastic trim to paint....

578825_806117921681_1494136924_n.jpg

Over 300 miles on the rebuild and she's driving great! Much more of a pleasure to drive than the red thing there...

Clem

Adventurer
Great color...are you going to put all the plastic trim back on or just the fender flares?

Keep up the good work!

Clem

Moises Cascante

Congrats for a really nice rig, I'm planning on getting a Montero by the end of this year and then do something pretty similar to yours. Keep up the good work! Cheers from Costa Rica.
Moises C.

Moises Cascante

Muchas gracias por la bienvenida, I'm from San Jose, the Capital of Costa Rica.
I'm planning on building a basic expedition vehicle that I can take almost anywhere here, although there are really nice trails that require extremely modded cars, I'll keep mine as simple and reliable as possible.

Muchas gracias por la bienvenida, I'm from San Jose, the Capital of Costa Rica.
I'm planning on building a basic expedition vehicle that I can take almost anywhere here, although there are really nice trails that require extremely modded cars, I'll keep mine as simple and reliable as possible.

Que bueno! Donde en la ciudad? Yo vivia en San Joaquin de Flores durante un corto tiempo. Y tengo amigos en Ciudad Colon y Grecia.

I finally got the Montero inspected (we're in an emissions testing county) and it passed with pretty good numbers!

FYI I bought the truck in January 2011, inspection was out 8/11, and inspected it yesterday. Of course I've only put ~7000 miles on the truck since January 2011.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven