2001 R50 Pathfinder Build-up.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I have nothing but good things to say about my BFG AT (in 235/85R16) after 30,000+ miles.

I haven't had to use my spare yet, so I will likely replace with the same tires ( will only have to buy 3 new tires )

If I weren't influenced by that I would be trying the Cooper ST Maxx, heard a lot f good things. I don't think you can go wrong

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
As I said in my thread, I vote for the ST Maxx. 235/85 is a great size! Apparently in that size, the Maxx is a touch wider than most tires in that size, and it is nearly a full 32" tall tire.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
As I said in my thread, I vote for the ST Maxx. 235/85 is a great size! Apparently in that size, the Maxx is a touch wider than most tires in that size, and it is nearly a full 32" tall tire.

Try em out so we will all know for next time :elkgrin:

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Steph wants to say Hi

iphone photos 120.JPG
blarrrgh.jpg
Stephanie says since I spend so much of my time on this and working on my vehicle then we should properly introduce ourselves. My name is Kyle Weber, Im 20 years old and currently enrolled in Laramie County Community College working on a Bachelors in Communications and Journalism. I also work part-time at Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse in the outside garden center selling bricks, pavers and different types of soil. I am a member of the Wyoming Army National Guard where I fix chemical equipment. Stephanie and I have been dating for over 2 years now, she is new to the outdoor adventure thing but she is getting there. She is working on getting into the Pharmacy program at the university. Anyways the name Weekender41 came from me being in the guard and having to go to guard drill weekends and how most of the time I go and explore is on the weekends, but you guys can call me Kyle. The ExPo team has been a huge help getting my vehicle to where it is now. I thank you guys a bunch and hopefully can see some of you on the trails during my travels. Cheers

Allof75

Pathfinder
I would say welcome, but I think we're past introductions. :elkgrin: Anyway, you two look great together and I wish you all the best.

PS: I'm still in school too, as an Environmental Analysis major. :)

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I would say welcome, but I think we're past introductions. :elkgrin: Anyway, you two look great together and I wish you all the best.

Agreed! Welcome, names Mike here, will be 30 in may. Environmental Science was my major at University

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
My turn!

Not to clutter your thread, but I shall continue with the proper introductions!

I'm Tom, most people call me Tommy. This is Beret (pronounced Barrett. I know it's an odd one), my fiancee. She's an insurance agent and I'm finance major at Montana State University-Billings. I'm 22, she's 24. We've been together for about two and a half years, and as most of you know I proposed to her in December. She is very big into the outdoor adventure stuff, as she's an avid backpacker and skier. She's caught the overlanding bug and has fallen in love with "Nancy", my Frontier. Bonus for me! I currently work part time at a dive shop in town. The username is obviously because I'm an avid scuba diver, favoring shipwrecks. That hobby is where the rest of my money gets drained! :D

Weekender41

Ready to Learn

Thank you! Environmental Analysis... that just sounds like a perfect way to be outside.. I like it!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Agreed! Welcome, names Mike here, will be 30 in may. Environmental Science was my major at University

Hello Mike, I think I may be the youngest on this forum :Wow1: haha. Do you work with what you majored in? Environmental Science sounds interesting most certainly.

Allof75

Pathfinder

That's really neat, would love to hear more about it sometime.

Hello Mike, I think I may be the youngest on this forum :Wow1: haha. Do you work with what you majored in? Environmental Science sounds interesting most certainly.

Don't worry, I think we have someone who just joined who's 17 hahaha

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Not to clutter your thread, but I shall continue with the proper introductions!

I'm Tom, most people call me Tommy. This is Beret (pronounced Barrett. I know it's an odd one), my fiancee. She's an insurance agent and I'm finance major at Montana State University-Billings. I'm 22, she's 24. We've been together for about two and a half years, and as most of you know I proposed to her in December. She is very big into the outdoor adventure stuff, as she's an avid backpacker and skier. She's caught the overlanding bug and has fallen in love with "Nancy", my Frontier. Bonus for me! I currently work part time at a dive shop in town. The username is obviously because I'm an avid scuba diver, favoring shipwrecks. That hobby is where the rest of my money gets drained! :D

Hello Tom/Tommy and Beret! Clutter it up! That is why it is here! :sombrero: You two seem to have a fantastic relationship and I wish you both the best! Getting a lady with the same interests is always fun. A fellow diver! I wondered with the username.. That's great! I have been certified for about 2 and a half years now and have spent all the time diving in the gulf (Cozumel mostly). I am looking to set up a trip in the next couple summers to spend time down in Saba as I hear great things. In your state there is a lake called Crystal Lake that I got to hang out around one summer and I have always wanted to dive it because the water was so clear! Not much to look at it seemed (I was snorkeling) but amazingly clear water! Also the ice caves interest me a great amount!

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Hello Tom/Tommy and Beret! Clutter it up! That is why it is here! :sombrero: You two seem to have a fantastic relationship and I wish you both the best! Getting a lady with the same interests is always fun. A fellow diver! I wondered with the username.. That's great! I have been certified for about 2 and a half years now and have spent all the time diving in the gulf (Cozumel mostly). I am looking to set up a trip in the next couple summers to spend time down in Saba as I hear great things. In your state there is a lake called Crystal Lake that I got to hang out around one summer and I have always wanted to dive it because the water was so clear! Not much to look at it seemed (I was snorkeling) but amazingly clear water! Also the ice caves interest me a great amount!

Thank you my friend! We are a great team and are quite happy, yes! I got extremely lucky.

You are always welcome up here to check out what our state has to offer! We have some great diving sites up this way. The mountain lakes are a treat. Not quite as much going on, but some of the rock formations and freshwater fish are pretty fascinating. The lakes are generally pretty clear if you know where to look.

I've done a bit of diving in the Atlantic, but mostly fresh water. I'm very much into technical diving. I'm working on getting certs to dive deeper. My aim is to do wreck penetration and cave diving. Depths beyond 300 ft are very interesting to me as well. :)

Montana is a bit of a hidden gem. We have some of the most beautiful scenery in the world (as does WY!), and it's a bit of a secret to the tourists! Everybody goes to the Tetons and Yellowstone, but nobody thinks about Montana much. They're missing out. :)

Like I said, we should get something organized for this summer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy