2001 R50 Pathfinder Build-up.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Can someone give me some measurements?

Okay so the rear bumper is actually pretty heavy with that iron filled spare tire, the rear dropped probably a good half inch if not more. I still haven added the gas cans :/ . How much clearance do you guys with 32's have from the ground to fender in the rear and how much clearance from top of the tire to fender? If I don't have the space I may have to go to 31's or find a way to lighten the bumper... please help. Thanks!

Shanfari

DhofarX.com
Okay so the rear bumper is actually pretty heavy with that iron filled spare tire, the rear dropped probably a good half inch if not more. I still haven added the gas cans :/ . How much clearance do you guys with 32's have from the ground to fender in the rear and how much clearance from top of the tire to fender? If I don't have the space I may have to go to 31's or find a way to lighten the bumper... please help. Thanks!

Why not try some 1" body lift? Cheap and quick fix.

richard310

pew pew
Are you Pathy's independent rears? Try a stiffer spring rate paired with stiffer, longer travel shocks. Heck, just get coilovers.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Why not try some 1" body lift? Cheap and quick fix.

Are you Pathy's independent rears? Try a stiffer spring rate paired with stiffer, longer travel shocks. Heck, just get coilovers.

Hehe, unfortunately neither of you won the prize, but thanks for playing. :sombrero: R50s are unibodys, with solid-axle rears. Weekender already has a lift, and upgraded 5165 bilsteins. :)

Last edited:

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Haha yeah Allof75 is correct... Sorry i should have been more specific. I am going to stay away from spacers if possible. May just require a different valving on the shocks. I am wondering if there are at tires in the 235/85r16 range that run small? I will be building a front bumper to house the winch that has been chilling in the garage, if that brings the front down the same amount then id be set and deal with lower ride. Riding nose high (even slightly) gives this weird mental feeling that the front tires will lift off... Absurd, yes, but it is what it is. I may just have to wait until front is done. Hopefully i can crank out a front bumper fast. How are your rides leveling? Are they flat, nose down or nose high?

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Haha yeah Allof75 is correct... Sorry i should have been more specific. I am going to stay away from spacers if possible. May just require a different valving on the shocks. I am wondering if there are at tires in the 235/85r16 range that run small? I will be building a front bumper to house the winch that has been chilling in the garage, if that brings the front down the same amount then id be set and deal with lower ride. Riding nose high (even slightly) gives this weird mental feeling that the front tires will lift off... Absurd, yes, but it is what it is. I may just have to wait until front is done. Hopefully i can crank out a front bumper fast. How are your rides leveling? Are they flat, nose down or nose high?

Wreckdiver's Terratrac DTs were closer to 31" once he had them mounted on his frontier

Allof75

Pathfinder
Stioc's 235s required some relatively extensive cutting, but could help. Personally my OME lift has leveled out nicely, I'll take some measurements to confirm.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Stioc's 235s required some relatively extensive cutting, but could help. Personally my OME lift has leveled out nicely, I'll take some measurements to confirm.

You have the md front and hd rear springs? That nets 1.7" of lift right? What size are your tires? Sorry for all the questions

Allof75

Pathfinder
You have the md front and hd rear springs? That nets 1.7" of lift right? What size are your tires? Sorry for all the questions

Correct, and with a 1" spacer in front. I'm taking measurements today so far as lift goes, but it ought to be ~1.75 from me eyeballing it. Definitely noticeably higher, and I think the stance right now is perfect with my lift/tire combo. Tires are 245/75r16 Toyo OC AT-IIs. :)

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Correct, and with a 1" spacer in front. I'm taking measurements today so far as lift goes, but it ought to be ~1.75 from me eyeballing it. Definitely noticeably higher, and I think the stance right now is perfect with my lift/tire combo. Tires are 245/75r16 Toyo OC AT-IIs. :)

Okay so that tire is about an inch taller and skinnier than my current one. If you ever get bored and happen to sit on your rear bumper you should let me know if it squats down very much with the OME coils. I had OME 921 lift on before this one. That is stock load capacity and lift just road better. So I can say that you will most likely love OME products. Agreed with the stance statement, it looks purdy! I may have the tire shop mount up different options and see which is better... Thanks for the input!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Okay so I will know make myself sound dumb...here goes. A stiffer coil will allow more lift and carrying capacity due to the higher spring rate right? So what does the different valving options on shocks do? I would assume they have the first number as rebound and the next would be compression.. This would somehow have to relate to force (newtons). My question is this; I cant go and get this 5165 Bilsteins in a different valving option and expect it to hold load better right? That is the purpose of the coils and the shocks just deal with wheel travel?

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Most 235 85s will measure out to 31.5" or so once on there

Hmm, hey that is good news! Hopefully I can fit them in the back. The sad part is I sat on my hood as far forward as I could and it barely budged/squatted.. Now im not appreciably heavy weighing in at 165 but that is more than the rear bumper weighs and the rear dropped about 1/2" with the bumper. I could put a winch bumper on and attach my lights and I don't think it would change the front much at all... :(

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Changing the valving will just affect the movement of the vehicle (suspension cycling) and the damping of the shocks. It will not hold the vehicle up more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy

Members online