2001 R50 Pathfinder Build-up.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
When do the tires go on?
Haha... When my current ones wear out :/
These Coopers are lasting forever! But yeah from the things on the list, tires will probably come last. I have a much more lucrative job coming in may so things will start speeding up then but for now I will start with most essential and top priority on down. The current tires are small and not heavy duty but they grip well enough, are quiet, and track well.
On another note, i have the hardware coming for the control arms. All the necessary pieces for the front sway bar are on the way and i have my cv axel to put on so once that is all here i will have a fun day. Today i am going to Murdochs to buy the tie-downs for my storage platform and then Lowe's for a tough storage bin. Next up, Front Runner water storage or Engel cooler.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Looking sweet man!

I dig the bumper, its looking pretty sweet. I would definitely cover that gap between the bumper and the body, it would probably look a lot nicer. The steel on the sides shouldn't blow out going down the road! Otherwise you need to rethink the thickness of the plate you used! :D

That list coming up looks like a fun one. This rig will be pretty awesome.

Allof75

Pathfinder
I'm liking how this bumper is shaping up, as far as color, I would say if you could get a color match to the flares, that would be money. :)

And nice list, lucky you for being able to split costs :D

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Looking sweet man!

I dig the bumper, its looking pretty sweet. I would definitely cover that gap between the bumper and the body, it would probably look a lot nicer. The steel on the sides shouldn't blow out going down the road! Otherwise you need to rethink the thickness of the plate you used! :D

That list coming up looks like a fun one. This rig will be pretty awesome.

Haha thanks. Im looking into the gap but it is now down on my list. The sides are 1/8th but the problems arise because of how long they are. Anyways that list.. Haha yeah i gotta get cracking on it and finish front bumper and trailer so by the time OX comes around we'll represent nissan well. Plus I cant be parked next to your truck if mine is in its current state...dont want to make mine look bad ;) Seriously though i have gone through these products and this will make my girlfriends camping experience better.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
I'm liking how this bumper is shaping up, as far as color, I would say if you could get a color match to the flares, that would be money. :)

And nice list, lucky you for being able to split costs :D

Thanks! I am looking into a spray color that is exactly the same or damn close but its proving to be difficult. I dont want it to be off color, that would look bad. As for splitting costs... I played that like chess! I took her backpacking with all the ultra-lite gear that i can use comfortably (Army made that easy) and she did not like it at all. Since then i have added comfort items and she is getting into it and wanting to buy comfort stuff... Win/win

Allof75

Pathfinder
Thanks! I am looking into a spray color that is exactly the same or damn close but its proving to be difficult. I dont want it to be off color, that would look bad. As for splitting costs... I played that like chess! I took her backpacking with all the ultra-lite gear that i can use comfortably (Army made that easy) and she did not like it at all. Since then i have added comfort items and she is getting into it and wanting to buy comfort stuff... Win/win

Lucky dog, my gf came with a secluded cabin in the Sierras :sombrero:. When it comes to UL gear, I like to walk the line between ultra-light and comfort. As both having an uncomfy bed, and a heavy pack is bad news. I just picked up a Thermarest Xtherm sleeping pad (15oz.) and an REI Igneo 19* Sleeping Bag (waterproof 800 fill down and 1lb 15oz) :elkgrin:

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Lucky dog, my gf came with a secluded cabin in the Sierras :sombrero:. When it comes to UL gear, I like to walk the line between ultra-light and comfort. As both having an uncomfy bed, and a heavy pack is bad news. I just picked up a Thermarest Xtherm sleeping pad (15oz.) and an REI Igneo 19* Sleeping Bag (waterproof 800 fill down and 1lb 15oz) :elkgrin:

Nothing wrong with a cabin!! Haha sweet! Those sound sweet! Thermarest has a sleeping bag now that attaches to the pads... How cool is that?! But i hear good things about the products My bag (not army) now is good for 20* but up here the mountain nights blast through that. Looking at zero or lower and sierra trading post is calling my name :) . I haven't been back-packing in a long time! Going alone isn't as fun as it used to be... (still love car camping alone though) and the gf is not quite to that step yet. Need more time. Its quite interesting to read camp setups you cali guys have compared to the mountain forest folk like myself. I have an uncle in san diego that i visit every summer but i usually fly. This summer I'm making it a point to head out there in the pathfinder and try pacific coast camping!

Allof75

Pathfinder
Nothing wrong with a cabin!! Haha sweet! Those sound sweet! Thermarest has a sleeping bag now that attaches to the pads... How cool is that?! But i hear good things about the products My bag (not army) now is good for 20* but up here the mountain nights blast through that. Looking at zero or lower and sierra trading post is calling my name :) . I haven't been back-packing in a long time! Going alone isn't as fun as it used to be... (still love car camping alone though) and the gf is not quite to that step yet. Need more time. Its quite interesting to read camp setups you cali guys have compared to the mountain forest folk like myself. I have an uncle in san diego that i visit every summer but i usually fly. This summer I'm making it a point to head out there in the pathfinder and try pacific coast camping!

Hey if you end up down here, sounds like a SoCal meetup to me :). And as far as sleeping bags, I would suggest looking into a liner, I've heard they can increase the rating by 20* or so, and don't add too much weight. I've been out of backpacking for a little while too, but am planning on doing some more over the summer.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Hey if you end up down here, sounds like a SoCal meetup to me :). And as far as sleeping bags, I would suggest looking into a liner, I've heard they can increase the rating by 20* or so, and don't add too much weight. I've been out of backpacking for a little while too, but am planning on doing some more over the summer.

Sounds good to me! There are only stock r50's here except my neighbor with his all blacked out bass booming one. It would be cool to see some others in person and to meet you guys!
Well, if I ever get into backpacking again ill look into it but for now I've got the pathy or Patricia as the gf calls it :( haha so i have some space :) and after i build a trailer I will be set. But I'm going to google a liner because that sounds nifty haha. Thanks!

Allof75

Pathfinder
Sounds good to me! There are only stock r50's here except my neighbor with his all blacked out bass booming one. It would be cool to see some others in person and to meet you guys!
Well, if I ever get into backpacking again ill look into it but for now I've got the pathy or Patricia as the gf calls it :( haha so i have some space :) and after i build a trailer I will be set. But I'm going to google a liner because that sounds nifty haha. Thanks!

Yeah no problem, literally 99.99% of pathfinders here are bone stock, with either kids about 18 driving them into the ground, or 50-60 yo snowbirds driving them. I too have realized having wheels motor your butt around takes you to the beautiful places a lot quicker, but I like both :)

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Yeah no problem, literally 99.99% of pathfinders here are bone stock, with either kids about 18 driving them into the ground, or 50-60 yo snowbirds driving them. I too have realized having wheels motor your butt around takes you to the beautiful places a lot quicker, but I like both :)

There is a green one around here without front and rear bumpers that is always dirty so I figured they were wheeling it... Turns out they ripped off in multiple fender benders and its always dirty because the owner (19 yo lady) doesn't ever wash it :/ . There is a stock one the same color and trim as mine that always parks next to me. Ive posted some comparison photos with it. Haha its kind of cool running around with the only modified one in town.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Small Updates

Well I decided to stick with a black bumper for now. Could not find a paint color close enough to wheel trim color and today almost hit 60 so I had to jump on the opportunity to paint. Luckily I can always add the color later.
Its not done yet but its close.
P1010923.JPG
Then I marked off something on the list. Anchor points on the cargo platform to hold down whatever is back there. I already had the black one and the two aluminum ones were 10 bucks each to that's why they are not all black. I didn't put them full length because anything back there should be securable with that length. If I cant secure it I should either a) learn to tie things down better or b) reposition the object. All 3 black full length bars would have been more uniform but unnecessary.
P1010921.JPG
And here is a view where you can also see the rail on the side of the body panel. They are all incredibly secure as I grabbed on and yanked to test and had zero budging. I would trust that I can pull hard enough to create more force than anything that may be back there haha :)
P1010922.JPG
I am looking at the Contico 23-Gallon Black Plastic Storage Trunk to fit on the left side of the cargo area since it is sturdy and inexpensive and almost the perfect fit width wise. For the right side will be a simple long and low Rubbermaid tote (like what some have used under storage platform) or something of the like for a dish basin and to hold the grubby stuff.
-
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy