2001 Tundra with OME

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Welcome to the ExPo and the ever growing Tundra "sub-culture". :elkgrin:

If your trying to post your photos as attachments you might need to resize them to a smaller pixel size to get then to load up.

I can't remeber what size of clamps I used, I got a set of 4" and 6", and returned the ones I didn't use. You'll find the prefered stainless steel clamps in the plumbing aisle with the rubber flex unions and reducers.

jsnow

Adventurer
Thanks Haggis, I picked up some 4" clamps last night. Going to do the diff drop, and clamp the boots today.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Kurt you might be right on the cv's being old, he truck has a 193k on it. I will try the Lowes clamp, and a 1" diff drop, and see what happens. Kurt do you know if the Tacoma leafs are the same width as the Tundra's? I have a suspicion that they are, but without one around I can't measure it? Thanks everyone for the advice, and the good ideas.

Jon

CS046R: ~69mm at the fixed end bushing sleeve, ~63mm individual spring width.

jsnow

Adventurer
I'm thinking the coils gave me too much lift. I asked for some measurements over on Tundra Solutions, and compared to a 3" and 4" lift, it's looking like I'm in the 5" range. I'm waiting on some stock measurements, and I guess I'll go from there.

landshark23

that looks good makes those tires look small you could fit some 34s on there i think if you add a 1.5 to 2 inch drop bracket you should be OK as fare a CV angles but the thing that you should look at is the upper control arm angle and see if it is too much you might have to get some after market upper control arm.

jsnow

Adventurer
I think the uppers would have to be replaced if I stay with the coils, however Kurt is probably right about the 885's. the are only 7mm shorter, but the spring rate is about 60-70 lbs lighter. I'll get it all figured out eventually.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I think the uppers would have to be replaced if I stay with the coils, however Kurt is probably right about the 885's. the are only 7mm shorter, but the spring rate is about 60-70 lbs lighter. I'll get it all figured out eventually.

Even if they had the same spring rate that 7mm would relate to roughly 1/2" at the wheel. So I would suspect the 885's to give more like a 1" difference at the wheel?

Do you know the weight of your front end? I have a calculator that we can enter the different coil options and decide what your fender to wheel center would calculate out at. We've been using it on the 80's, Tacoma's and 4Runners and it is surprisingly accurate using even the publicized spring rates.

jsnow

Adventurer
I don't know the weight, but I am doing a dump run tomorrow so I can get it then. I also have a call in on some 885's. I have to get it figured out before we tackle the rear suspension.

jim65wagon

It may not help much, (since mine is not quite stock) but:

Measuring from the center of the hub (which will negate tire size as a factor and focus on lift height), my truck (with roughly a 1 to a 1-1/4" lift):

Hub to lower edge of fender flare = 22"

Should give you a slightly better idea of what you're working with. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy