2010 Chevy AWD "VanGo"

sgosine

Observer
Hmm, Was thinking that might be a possibility... Love the pouches as well been looking for something similar but a touch bigger.

sgosine

Observer
the pins need to be replaced with something more secure as they rattled and fell out numerous times on my recent road trip.

Contemplating using some of those super magnets to hold the pins while allowing them to be released quickly. They make some pretty small coin style ones...

sgosine

Observer
Updatez:

Added the white Carbon Fiber vinyl Hood wrap:
IMG_1108.jpg
Accrete you were soooo right about needing 3 pairs of hands!

IMG_1111.jpg
Getting the back doors dialed in. Adding 4x6 speaks and also gonna foam up several sections of the back doors.

sgosine

Observer
Electrical Systems install:

IMG_1129.jpg
Gonna retrofit and drop a yellow top + Blue top (in parallel) + a 2 farad Capacitor in Engine compartment.

IMG_1130.jpg
tied together with a Tmax dual battery Kit

IMG_1131.jpg
Got an inverter to integrate into the mix as well. Prolly linked to the solar bank but judging from the gauage required to feed this thing i almost think 3k might be a bit overkill...

For the Solar bank:
Going to weld a frame rail box to hold 3-4 of the narrow tall style Blue tops and get that in place for the solar phase of the electrical systems install.

sgosine

Observer
Back area quick awning prototype:

Wanted a quick way to provide coverage and shade off the rear doors and this is my initial prototype:

Initial sizing and curves cut
image.jpg
Getting it ready for sewing machine.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 80

Accrete

Explorer
just noticed your barn door awning test...
I ordered a bumpercute some time ago...i though i might have some sort of pull out kitchen from the rear doors and the awning would come in handy.
http://bumperchute.com/

Cheers,
Thom

accreteSigPL-Van.jpg

sgosine

Observer
Wallin...
IMG_1285.jpg
IMG_1297.jpg
Walls fit but not fully curved, wanted to preserve as much room as possible. Wall only added 1/8th inch off pillars on each side!; very excited about that. :ylsmoke:
IMG_1295.jpg
Pre Primer and waiting for the formica for the bottom half... marine carpeting for the top half.

UPDATE: Really surprised at how quiet the wall system is; was expecting to have to deal with squeaks and such but there are none That was the first big test. The next up, the Colorado winter where i will see/feel how well the insulation layers work.

Last edited:

sgosine

Observer
Dinette System

Taking the removable rear Dinette/Storage/Sleep Concept outta my head and into reality:
IMG_1281.jpg
IMG_1276.jpg

The base is my foundation,it will drop into the rear cargo area to transform VanGo from Delivery/event vehicle to Camping/Mobile HQ.
Base cut-out (.5' Sanded Ply ) and kilzed. The base will be carpeted with a RV table base in the middle & coin flooring on the bottom so it can be set-up outside of the van.

IMG_1278.jpg

Start of the frame for the bench boxes that will sit on the base platform. They will be removable and freestanding individualy as well without the need for the base.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven