2010 Chevy AWD "VanGo"

sgosine

Observer
You are putting together a very nice setup! I admire your "VanGo" speed..:Wow1:...........
What nerf bars are you using? I have not found any I like yet.
Keep the pic's coming, the inspiration is great.

I agree, had been looking for a decent nerf bar setup for a min as well, was gonna try and weld my own ( just need to get hold of some welding equip and teach myself how...) I decided the Lund universal fit 87" would to do the trick. They don't really cover fully wheel to wheel, but still think itl be functional as a step for riders and hopefully helpful in loading the front of safari rack. It has some rubber pads on the top that I plan to remove prior to the lineXing. Still waiting on the mounting kit (my best guess) will document any/all mods necessary for a solid install.

sgosine

Observer
Don't know what i was thinking when I thought I would be able to tweak mfg brackets on those nerf bars, gonna learn to weld after all...

sgosine

Observer
1st shakedown run to the A-Basin Beach

IMG_3007.jpg

Snowboarding friends and fun!

Ran into Koda and his awesome "Polar Bear" out there as well.

4/20/13 @ 4:20 on the Beach... Colorado at it's finest...

Last edited:

86cj

Explorer
Boulder Offroad Vans is close to me, so they did the lift I also had them add the rear handling kit as well.

I am looking at rear sway bars for the 1500 and wondered how you like the handling? Do you know what brand it is or the diameter? Thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress.......

sgosine

Observer
86cj, not sure what brand the sway bar is I can find out tomorrow, as listed the BORV Rear handling kit is for vans with 0 – 2" lift. Includes rear sway bar, end links, and Bilstein shocks. Love the handling!! i feel it has great road manners especially dealing with heavy spring snow that we got last Sat it was super stable going over a very snow and icy loveland pass I attribute this to the rear handling kit and those ST Maxx tires.

Update: it's a hellwig rear kit they used for the rear handling kit.

Last edited:

BendErik

I'm super psyched to see this thread. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on my own AWD Express. I've already talked with Boulder Off-Road and love that they're able to make these vans more dirt-worthy.

Thanks for all your posts!

sgosine

Observer
I'm super psyched to see this thread. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on my own AWD Express. I've already talked with Boulder Off-Road and love that they're able to make these vans more dirt-worthy.

Thanks for all your posts!

No problemo! Stoked to contribute.

FYI I. Put an entry in the for sale area, there is a brand new AWD Safari @ Mcadden gmc dealership in boulder, it's a blank canvas but I saw it has the locking rear diff lemme kno if you wanna see some pix...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven