2010 Dodge Cummins 3/4 Ton Crew Cab

sapper

Adventurer
Well I got the AFE high capacity diff cover installed today. I was very happy to see the factory gasket is re-usable and there was no gasket to remove. I still prepped the area with scotch bite disks for good measure.

SAM_0106.jpg

Here are some more detailed photos of it.

Contents of the kit, minus the small ratchet strap it came with.

SAM_0105.jpg

SAM_0108.jpg

SAM_0110.jpg

SAM_0111.jpg

SAM_0113.jpg

SAM_0109.jpg

SAM_0116.jpg

SAM_0115.jpg

I had a small leak so I had to drain and remove the cover and do it all over again. I must have had something under the o-ring seal.

sapper

Adventurer
That cover is pretty cool, I like the view plug in it.

-Alex

Thanks, I wish I designed it.

I have been using your products a lot overseas and I must admit I have been very impressed with them.

I will have to be giving you a call when I get my winch for this truck. I also love your tow straps. I was very pleased the first time I needed them to be using your stuff in place of the old steel cables and chains. You equipment is a joy to use and it WORKS.

shellb

Adventurer
Congrats on making some more progress on your truck...it is looking great and sounds like it is running great as well.

How did if feel when you ran the hot setting? Pull pretty good? :sombrero:

Bet you can't wait for your trip this summer!

sapper

Adventurer
It pulls very hard and strong but I also noticed quite a plume of black smoke out the tailpipe. I don't want a coal roller, I just wanted a truck that would last a long time and get better mileage. I normally run on NO POWER or Mild, but I love it now. Much better than it was. I actually have to be careful because even with all the weight I carry I can brake the back end free rather easily once the turbo spools which is much faster now than before.

Master-Pull

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks, I wish I designed it.

I have been using your products a lot overseas and I must admit I have been very impressed with them.

I will have to be giving you a call when I get my winch for this truck. I also love your tow straps. I was very pleased the first time I needed them to be using your stuff in place of the old steel cables and chains. You equipment is a joy to use and it WORKS.

Good to hear, I better not ask what your "job" is then.:)

-Alex

sapper

Adventurer
Home now for a bit before we move 5400kms away. I just picked up an M101A2 trailer and brought it home. I must have taken 10lbs of bolts out of it from all the brackets that were still attached to it. Once I finish moving I will start working on welding all the holes up, replacing the tailgate with one that doesn't have a 1/4" plate welded to it. The 1/4" plate on the rear does make the tongue weight much lower and I can actually move this trailer by hand with little to no effort at all.

I towed it around yesterday for a bit after finishing completely rewiring the trailer with new LED lights and honestly I can say I can't even feel the trailer behind the truck at all.

I forgot to take some pictures of the trailer attached to the truck and I will soon start another thread on the trailer and what I have planned for it.

sapper

Adventurer
Truck is back at the Line-x dealer being sprayed again. I am getting the rocker panels and front and rear bumpers sprayed with line-x. I have found the paint to be very thin and chipping very easily in the lower sections. With the up coming move to the east coast and salt I wanted something to protect the truck from rust.

Once I get the truck back I will post up some pictures. They let me back into the shop during the tear down stage to get some pictures but I left the camera in the back seat for tomorrow.

sdwhip

Observer
I am planning on doing this to my truck as well so I'm lookin forward to the pics. I already have a few good chips on my rockers and fenders like you said and I have less than 4500 miles on my truck.

Did the deletes affect the exhaust brake at all on your truck or does it still function the same? I was against doing the deletes on my truck in the beginning but I may consider it for the same reasons you did yours. I'm still on the fence though. It will still be next summer before I start doing much to my truck.

sapper

Adventurer
The exhaust brake is marginally weaker than it was before the modifications, but nothing I would reverse to gain the losses. The pro's really outweigh the con's so far. I love the way the truck drives now and it handles so much better. The fuel mileage has improved quite a bit and I am now seeing nearly 1100 kms per fill on the highway even with all the weight I carry in the truck.

sapper

Adventurer
It was a 2 day wait to get my truck back and over 40 hours of labor to get the finished product. The did the bumpers, rockers, inside the doors, lightbar, and fender flares.

I thought I would share the final result. The truck in no longer 2 tone.

P8250086.jpg

P8250085.jpg

P8250084.jpg

P8250083.jpg

P8250082.jpg

P8250080.jpg

Need to get the truck cleaned up some and get some better shots overall. I am very happy with the result. They were not sure how to hook up my HID's and blew up one of the code eliminators so I am now getting some flicker on my fogs which I will have to correct tonight. Glad that I have spares.

sdwhip

Observer
It looks good. Did you ever think about having it done in the gray color or did you always plan on the black? I haven't decided if I want mine done in white or black but will probably go with black to help hide road tar. Keep us updated on how easy or hard it is to clean vs the rest of the truck. Any idea on when you will be getting your rims and tires done?

Last edited:

sapper

Adventurer
I will have to wait for the rims and tires for a bit after this, but I still trying to find something I like that will work with the truck and work with my requirements and not just bling.

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Any updates? It has been a while so I know you must have something to show us. Also what exactly did you end up running as far as your fuel filter is concerned? Was it a kit or something you pieced together from work? Thanks and great job on the truck. I will be borrowing several of your ideas when my 2012 gets here.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Great build and I like your use of the commercial-style cap. I am thinking about using one on my Tacoma and mounting my RTT to the top of it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz

Members online