2010 Dodge Cummins 3/4 Ton Crew Cab

sapper

Adventurer
At first they gave the offical party line, but then said that they would cover anything that would not hurt the vehicle. The only thing is with the 2010's you must have a tuner to delete these codes which they say that they can see as the 2010's have a much more "elaborate" PCM, and in the event that a major component fails (block, injector, PCM) they are required to send in the latest program in the PCM. In order to do the deletes I want I have to have a tuner for the 2010 as they will not accept the standard 330ohm resistor sims and require a more digital signal to be happy. The H&S tuner turns off the regen cycle as well as the EGR so the computer is happy with healthy MPG gains at the same time. The H&S tuner also has the option to restore the factory flash into the PCM for service trips to the dealer, as well as emmissions intact tunes. I work on cummins engines everyday at work and I know the risk I may be taking but I also know the risk is small that I will have a component failure that will cause me any grief. I also am a responsible owner that drives with moderation and not WOT runs like most of the diesel guys here with black smoke pouring out the tailpipe. I want higher MPG and black smoke is un burnt fuel.

The EGR delete does not hurt the vehicle or cause any fault in the vehicle, removing it increases fuel mileage as well as oil service intervals amd engine longevity by not putting soot filled exhaust back into the engine.

The DPF delete will also reduce fuel mileage and increase engine longevity by not adding fuel on the exhaust stroke to the cylinder to later be burned by the DPF filter, which can wash your cyclinder walls and increase fuel levels in your oil.

These 2 deletes must be done together to prevent any issues.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
It is because of things like EGR and the DPF that I will never buy a brand new diesel again. The last new ome I bought was an 05, andy most recent is a 94.
Shiny and new and unspoiled by a meathead is great, but a clean used 5.9 is my thing. Luckily my 80 year old step dad has an 05 that I will buy when he is done traveling with it...

Loving your build though! I am trying to find a deal on a tradesman type canopy like yours. Will they give you grief for a lift at your dealer? I had the dealer install a 4" on my Rubicon and that was not a problem for them.

sapper

Adventurer
They can install what ever lift I want and that specific dealer will still cover the truck as long as the tire size is not over a 305.

For now lift can wait and I can fit 305's stock.

Again only the dealer that installed the lift would cover anything and being the distances I plan to put on and being military I don't want to lift it yet.

sapper

Adventurer
Carli or KORE is all that this truck will get, I will not have Superlift, BDS or anything of the like anywhere near this truck.

I really like Carli and Core and I have been looking at both thier sites for a long time.

Outback

Explorer
I was all set on Kore but another member here told me about Carli. Man am I glad they did. Customer service is second to none and you dont have to wait weeks or months to get parts from them or from one of there distributors! Im watching this build. Keep up the great work! :victory:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Carli or KORE is all that this truck will get, I will not have Superlift, BDS or anything of the like anywhere near this truck.

I really like Carli and Core and I have been looking at both thier sites for a long time.
Carli has great service and Don Thuren has moved to Bend,Oregon. Ditto on his service with great products. Thuren and Carli do custom valving if you've got a special need. My truck sits 1.2" lower on the driver's side with Kore springs. No response from Kore via one of his last installers.

Outback

Explorer
Whoa! 1.2 inches lower? Sounds like someone at the factory got a bit mixed up when boxing up springs.

angusdevil

Adventurer
Having had Kore, Carli and Thuren all on my truck at some point in time, I would NEVER put Kore back on the truck. If you talk to guys that actually use their trucks, you'll find more guys going with Carli and Thuren for multiple reasons.

Also, call up all 3 companies and you'll see what I'm talkin about. I would rather have osmeone that was more focused on making a quality suspension and have good customer service than someone who uses crafty marketing and fancy websites to hock their product.

sapper

Adventurer
Thanks for the input. I guess I will have to look at Don's stuff some more also. I didn't know KORE was becoming like Road Armor. I want someone I can go back to 2 years after I have a product and get a replacement item if I need to (my cost) but to at least know I can get replacement parts is half the battle, without a long delay and hassle.

I do intend to try and keep this truck for at least 10 years if not 15, depending on how things are holding up then. This is why I want suppliers that are going to be around the same timeframe to keep everything moving.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I've been up to Carli's shop many times and he is a quality guy. Don's moved up to Bend, Oregon and hired an employee already(his version of a stimulus plan: a job) He valved my Kings specially for the constant camper load. Thuren's 2.5 King/Towers price is hard to beat. I may go through him for vehicle specific coils for my setup. For the lighter trucks he's got his own softride custom coils at a great price. You can't beat either one of these companies.

angusdevil

Adventurer
I will just put it like this to stay civil; if you are going to be spending that type of money on a Dodge suspension, you might as well buy the right stuff that is going to perform to your needs. Here is how I rank the performance manufactures...

1. Thuren
1. Carli
1. Dialed Motorsports
2. Kore
3. Lorenz

The first 3 are all great but each have different setups and depending on what you need will dictate which one you should go with. For example, Thuren has the softests springs and Carli's are a bit stiffer. DM is right inbetween them. Carli and DM use Deaver leafs and Thuren uses Atlas.

sapper

Adventurer
Well I got my lightbar mostly done. I will be taking it off again as I spaced the tabs too close (equal distance) and I will grind them off so that I can have the 140's on the outside and the 170's in the center.

The main brackets that go under the the tow hooks are press bent 1/4" as well as the uprights and the tube is 2" .120wall tubing. I added a couple of gussets below the tube as well as I pad to use for a light step and more as a tag, which is 3/16".

Crappy Iphone pics. I painted the stock lightforce lenses because I have another set of filters for when I use them. I still need to wire in the lights.

03159d32.jpg

b8411912.jpg

6439f49c.jpg

cd7a9cc7.jpg

d372bb60.jpg

sapper

Adventurer
Well I picked up 2 hella sealed relays today to try and get the lights wired in. I also had to grab a couple more weatherpac connectors to do it cleanly. I had a wedding to attend tonight and I need to head up into the Arctic for a couple weeks leaving on Sunday to I will more than likely have to wait until I get back. I did get my 15w solar panel all wired in a mounted as well as the charge controller.

I really need to get my camera back my camera back to start getting some real pictures. I was hoping to have it back before my trip threw the north. I will be going through quite a few nothern communities to maintain a bunch of generators. Trip is going to be a blur.

I also picked up my bed net today which I must say is top notch. I am in love with it and I haven't even used it yet. The pics on thier site do not do this thing justice. Hopefully my o-track is here when I get back from the north to install it as well. I will be posting some pictures of this soon. I really wish they did some custom work as I can really use a couple more of them for my side bins to keep the items from falling out when I open them. I already have 2 little dents in the top of the box sides from this happening.

http://www.quarantinerestraints.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz

Members online