2010 Regular Cab

Tacovendor

Explorer
Sold it with 253,000 on the original engine and driveline, lady that bought it drove it from San Diego to Panama and all around Central America for 3 months and back with no problems!

Tacovendor

Explorer
Pictures from OVX 2011
OVX2011009.jpg

OVX3043.jpg

OVX3036.jpg

OVX3019.jpg

Tacovendor

Explorer
ARE offered the windoors and heavy duty windows. It fits different than the Leer, the Leer fit over the bed rails and the ARE is right on top. One thing I found out is that the bed caps (factory) do not seal out mud and dust, so I had to pull them and cover the holes.

nr13

Observer
Hey Tacovendor, I love your truck! I just picked up a 2011 taco access cab 4cyl. I Love the truck and could not be happier with the 4cyl. However, I do have a question for you. I recently put a steel bumper and warn winch on my truck, and it dropped the front end about 3/4 of an inch. I don't so much mind the drop, but it seemed to make the ride a little stiffer. So, my question is how do you like the Icon suspension? I have heard a few people complain about putting lifts on their 4cyl because it made it so stiff. Also, how adjustable is the Icon suspension? Any light you could shed on your Icon suspension would be appreciated.

OsideTaco

Hello,new to expedition portal

What's up tacovendorz . I have seen your truck on TW and it's great to see you here as well. I have had a 10' reg cab 2wd for 2 years which I use for work with a couple mods and love it so much I have just purchased a new 11' regular cab 4x4 to build up and hit some trails! It's coming from The Midwest and should arrive here in socal by Friday ( 5 days ) . Can't wait! I was doing some research for it and ran into this thread on EP. Loving your truck and getting some ideas ! I'll keep everyone posted on the delivery !

Tacovendor

Explorer
Went up to Demello's this morning and swapped out the prototype bumper for the production model. Here are a few pictures(cell phone). I'll get some better ones once I get all my stuff re-mounted. For some reason the front picture makes it look giant, it's not and has great lines as the other ones did. Thanks Jason.

IMG_20110822_144841.jpg

IMG_20110822_144831.jpg

Tacovendor

Explorer
The first two were prototypes and were the first ones made by Demello. The very first one was a modified FJ bumper, the second was a bit different but both had the same problem and that was clearance and they contacted the fender and some of the grill brackets. The production model has been available for some time now and were selling as fast as they built them and they finally had one available to replace the test models. All of the clearance issues have been taken care of and it looks great!

Xrunner

Explorer
I know you had mentioned possibly upgrading the bench seat... did it ever happen? If not, do you know if you are going to go Toyota OEM bucket seats or aftermarket?

bmh

Adventurer
The first two were prototypes and were the first ones made by Demello. The very first one was a modified FJ bumper, the second was a bit different but both had the same problem and that was clearance and they contacted the fender and some of the grill brackets. The production model has been available for some time now and were selling as fast as they built them and they finally had one available to replace the test models. All of the clearance issues have been taken care of and it looks great!

awesome. I didn't know if there was a significant change or what.

Tacovendor

Explorer
I know you had mentioned possibly upgrading the bench seat... did it ever happen? If not, do you know if you are going to go Toyota OEM bucket seats or aftermarket?
My son has a 2011 with the factory bucket seats and my bench is more comfortable. As for aftermarket they're to expensive.

wilson

Observer
rear bumper

I have debated about getting a rear swingout as I have heard you must reinforce the frame to do so. did you find that to be the case?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk