2016 Colorado Diesel

my god is anyone even on topic here?

zlurking_zpsotzzmusd.gif

Anybody know what the price will be for a loaded diesel ? A loaded gas engine one goes for 40k.

"The new engine option — on sale this fall — will be offered in LT and Z71 trims on the crew-cab version only and will be offered in either in two-wheel or four-wheel drive. The max-towing engine option will cost a $3,730 premium over the comparably equipped 3.6-liter V-6 gas engine."

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/07/the-2016-chevrolet-colorado-duramax-is-here.html

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
Wow, over $40k for a little Colorado? Rode in one last weekend and was not impressed. There is no room inside them. People in the back either have to be small children or midgets. Maybe a horse jockey would fit comfortably but that is pushing it. I'll buy a new F150 for that kind of money every day and everyone will have plenty of room.

Frank

Explorer
The sticker says $43,730. After 'dealer incentives' and 'cash back', it will be a $35k truck. -which is still pricey, but I feel the sticker prices of most of todays vehicles are mealy a factious figure.

15 years ago when I sold new vehicles, the most we discounted off the sticker was about $2k, unless we absolutely had to get rid of the vehicle. Heck, in some cases, we actually added to the sticker prices.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
LOL the MSRP is pretty meaning less. The MSRP on the 2016 Fusion we just bought was $43,000 we paid $200 below invoice. Invoice was $35,000 - The dealer game played today is to generate a perceived limited availability and use that perception to convince the buyer that the dealer is only going to sell for MSRP. In California many of our major areas have all the local dealers owned by the same Auto group. They limit the # of hot vehicles on their lots and hide the rest to create this perception of a very limited supply. They won't pull one out from the back lot or warehouse unless you spend considerable time negotiating them down and make it clear to them you will go some place else to get the vehicle you want for X price etc. Then magically the exact car you were looking for surfaces from the warehouse as your more or less done with them and looking at dealers outside of their covered region etc. It took me two days to get our local ford dealer to stop talking 2015's at MSRP to new 2016's and invoice price. On the last day I told them I was done with them and would head North given I found the car we wanted and the dealer was willing to deal. Bingo 10 minutes later the local dealer calls and says Oh hey I just found your car in our warehouse we'll do $200 below invoice.

Just be aware of the games being played and do not pay anything over invoice!

rkj__

Adventurer
Wow, over $40k for a little Colorado? Rode in one last weekend and was not impressed. There is no room inside them. People in the back either have to be small children or midgets. Maybe a horse jockey would fit comfortably but that is pushing it. I'll buy a new F150 for that kind of money every day and everyone will have plenty of room.

I'm 6ft tall. When I set the front seat to my driving position in the Colorado, I can comfortably sit in the rear seat behind it.

Everyone can have their own opinion though I suppose.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I'm 6ft tall. When I set the front seat to my driving position in the Colorado, I can comfortably sit in the rear seat behind it.

Everyone can have their own opinion though I suppose.
I found the space OK its not bad. The F150 space is obviously larger but so is the truck. The Colorado/Canyon is much easier to live with in the city it handles the tight parking lots easily compared to the F150. I'd rather have the smaller package my self.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach