2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2

Clutch

<---Pass
:) Yeah, uh, thats dated Oct 24, 2016. That call was in 1990. :) Toyota double cab short box.

They can make it happen if they wanted to, is what I am implying. ;) :)

Just look at the effort they are putting into fuel cells, trying to build an infrastructure that doesn't even exist. Diesel (in the US) would be darn near effortless...perhaps Toyota is looking further down the road into the future than the others?

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-toyota-mirai-review-20160924-snap-story.html

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/toyota-to-study-hydrogen-fuel-cell-trucks/

Last edited:

The_Dude

Adventurer
Man I dig that truck. Just wish I could afford it.

For now I will be sticking with my 8000 dollar locked Fzj80 and getting ****ty mileage. That extra 42000 (assuming the zr2 is 50k) grand in cash get me to a lot of neat places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p nut

butter
Man I dig that truck. Just wish I could afford it.

For now I will be sticking with my 8000 dollar locked Fzj80 and getting ****ty mileage. That extra 42000 (assuming the zr2 is 50k) grand in cash get me to a lot of neat places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$50k just seems ridiculous to me. I really don't think it will be that high. Current Z71's are low to mid $30's. I'd think it would sell right at $40k or so. Still expensive, but at least palatable for those that value factory diesel/lockers.

$50k just seems ridiculous to me. I really don't think it will be that high. Current Z71's are low to mid $30's. I'd think it would sell right at $40k or so. Still expensive, but at least palatable for those that value factory diesel/lockers.

Current Z71 4x4 CCSB Diesel with a few options will run you about $42k-ish. I don't see how you could add the equivalent of about $5k of aftermarket parts and not expect an MSRP of $48k-$50k

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Current Z71 4x4 CCSB Diesel with a few options will run you about $42k-ish. I don't see how you could add the equivalent of about $5k of aftermarket parts and not expect an MSRP of $48k-$50k
The TRD Pro goes for $41,700 MSRP and I don't think GM is going to want to position the ZR2 too much above that. It's arguably a slightly higher spec with the front locker and better tires, but otherwise both are more-or-less turnkey outfits. People point to the Pro price and it doesn't make sense when you could build the same truck for less by starting with an SR5 or even TRD Offroad then adding a complete FOX suspension and Air Lockers. The diesel is obviously a difference that doesn't have an equivalent at Toyota, so maybe the gasoline comes in right at the same as TRD Pro and the diesel being the difference. I could see it being a grand or two more for that.

Clutch

<---Pass
We can all agree, whatever it is going to cost...it ain't gonna be cheap! ;)

Mang, that is like 4 or 5 KTM's!

2017_KTM_EXC_03.jpg

TwinStick

Explorer
What does everyone think of the Nissan CTD ? In my neck-of-the-woods, they are simply not selling well at all. Priced too high. The one I looked at was the highest zoot one you could get & was over $60k. I drove by the dealer a month later & it was still there. Think the same thing could happen to the ZR2 ? Priced too high right out of the gate ? I pointed out to the salesman when I looked at it: "why would anyone pay this much for 555 lb ft of torque, when they could have 950 lb ft for about the same money, or not much more ? "

Clutch

<---Pass
What does everyone think of the Nissan CTD ? In my neck-of-the-woods, they are simply not selling well at all. Priced too high. The one I looked at was the highest zoot one you could get & was over $60k. I drove by the dealer a month later & it was still there. Think the same thing could happen to the ZR2 ? Priced too high right out of the gate ? I pointed out to the salesman when I looked at it: "why would anyone pay this much for 555 lb ft of torque, when they could have 950 lb ft for about the same money, or not much more ? "

The Nissan isn't getting very good fuel mileage. Thought one of the points of going to a smaller diesel, was to at least get better fuel economy. Like you said, what is the point...when you can get a 3/4-1 Ton?

Like the 1st gen Tundra was deemed 7/8's of a fullsize, and didn't do to well against the Big 3, 1/2 tons..even the 2nd gen, the sales pale in comparison. Not sure why the Japanese even try to compete with the the US fullsize trucks. Wish they would of stayed quirky like when they first were introduced into the US market. Rather see them do their own thing and pushed the HiLux, LC70, Patrol, etc...in the American market.

Of course the definition of "1-ton" sure has changed over the years....remember these?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven