2017 TRD Pro Tacoma

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Good examples of staying on topic ^

So, how 'bout them dodgers? I think they have a shot at the pennant this year...

p nut

butter
Good examples of staying on topic ^

So, how 'bout them dodgers? I think they have a shot at the pennant this year...

Maybe you need a weekend trip to do what you're doing in your avatar--you seem to be wound a bit tight!

All of these threads eventually go off topic. There is no more info on the TRD Pro. What's wrong with a bit of sideline ********-chat? Besides, we eventually comeback around to the topic at hand...before we go OT again. :D As one evangelist once said, "'I may not have always walked the straight and narrow path, but I sure in hell try to cross it as often as I can!"

jeff parker

Observer
Yeah, but that's just the clutch. Isn't the whole transmission closer to an auto? Maybe not, I haven't priced out new ones. Back when I was racing autox, I do recall more than one person money-shifting. I remember those suckers paying a lot more than $1k :D price you pay when you can't properly shift 3-4. :D

I see. I would be on the plane right now to OK if they were truly $40k OTD. Or at least scheming ways to minimalize the loss on my truck to get one. :)

What kind of autocross were you doing to be making a 3-4 shift? In years of autocrossing it was rare to even get into 3rd. Most cars will do 60mph in 2nd.

p nut

butter
What kind of autocross were you doing to be making a 3-4 shift? In years of autocrossing it was rare to even get into 3rd. Most cars will do 60mph in 2nd.

It was at an old air strip, with a fairly long straight-away (Wendover, NV). We kind of did what we wanted. Lots of fun out there.

thethePete

Explorer
^ The idea that you can't benefit from quality springs and dampers as well as a slightly increased ride height unless you're bombing through the desert is silly.

Also, this truck would fall apart doing 100mph through the desert. So would a Raptor. The truth of these OEM rigs is they're gonna perform best and survive longest on mild to moderate trails and FSRs. They'll do them at slightly higher speeds and much greater comfort levels than the trims below them, but desert runners they are not.

CabinFever

Observer
^ The idea that you can't benefit from quality springs and dampers as well as a slightly increased ride height unless you're bombing through the desert is silly.

Also, this truck would fall apart doing 100mph through the desert. So would a Raptor. The truth of these OEM rigs is they're gonna perform best and survive longest on mild to moderate trails and FSRs. They'll do them at slightly higher speeds and much greater comfort levels than the trims below them, but desert runners they are not.
II take my T4R pro into the desert every week and have hit 80 in fast sections a number of times. Hell ive hit 70 in my quarter million mile stock Tacoma a number of times with no problems. It's really amazing what you can do with your truck off the shelf.

Clutch

<---Pass
II take my T4R pro into the desert every week and have hit 80 in fast sections a number of times. Hell ive hit 70 in my quarter million mile stock Tacoma a number of times with no problems. It's really amazing what you can do with your truck off the shelf.

It is ok for graded dirt roads....truck whoops, no...

I have broken rear springs jumping cattle guards at 60+ mph, twice.... :D Even with the Pro's...it is a matter have time before you break something, if you're pushing it hard. So much cheaper just to buy a dirt bike, than trying to build up a truck that will go the same speed, and able to beat on it the same. I certainly don't drive my truck, like I do the dirt bike.

CabinFever

Observer
It is ok for graded dirt roads....truck whoops, no...

I have broken rear springs jumping cattle guards at 60+ mph, twice.... :D Even with the Pro's...it is a matter have time before you break something, if you're pushing it hard. So much cheaper just to buy a dirt bike, than trying to build up a truck that will go the same speed, and able to beat on it the same. I certainly don't drive my truck, like I do the dirt bike.

Exactly. I dont really push it hard except on dirt roads where I know every turn. Then it is really fun. I didnt mean to make it sound like I'm going off of jumps at 80. Just some nice gentle sections (not exactly flat though). All that said the 17 Tacoma suspension looks even better than the Bilstein one I have.

BTW screw dirt biking. I do not have that kind of athleticism.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
To go fast anywhere, 2 wheels are best. on dirt, street etc. there is nothing touching a motorcycle properly setup for desired conditions. Or, get a KTM 990 adventure and have one hooligan bike for EVERYTHING! ha ha. When is the pro being released. I really want to see and drive one. may have to liquidate the fleet to just my JKunlimited and a TRD pro.

canoe4me

Anybody heard any updates on the TRDPro? I've been on waiting lists at two dealers since late spring and one just cashed my check and says the truck will be here sometime is September... He has no idea on cost or specifics of the build yet. He seems like a decent guy and I was referred to him by several people I trust. I can't find any additional web info to substantiate his September delivery date.

canoe4me

http://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota-releases-pricing-2017-tacoma-trd-pro.htm

Finally found a link to the new info for the TRDpro. Hopefully i'll have not only more info but the truck soon!! They are saying the trucks will hit dealerships by the end of the month. 43K is going to hurt a little.

I know I could save some money by adding the suspension and other items myself and perhaps if I ever retire I might just do something like that...
Working 60+ hours weekly... I really just want to spend my free time out in the mountains rather than out in the garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism