2017 TRD Pro Tacoma

bkg

Explorer
Yes and no...(maybe, :p ) still believe they build a great little truck.

I do like the physical size of the 1st gen over the 2nd-3rd. While I am a cheap SOB (and for good reasons, have other goals than driving a brandy new truck) Do believe the Tacoma is one of the better vehicles to invest in, the resale value is bonkers on them. .

Client/friend traded his 14 Sport in for a 16 sport. 32k out the door on the 16 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)... got 28k for his 14 on trade.

Dealer had a '14 limited on the floor room - 26K miles, if I remember correctly. Wanted $38k. Same show room - '16 Sport, same color as the '14. 64 miles. They wanted $39k for that one. Both over priced, but still.. stupid money for the used ones.

Heck - sold my '10 for more than I paid...

Drove my "new to me" 04 dcab yesterday and today... more I drive it, the more I like it... (this is my 3rd 04 dcab)

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Client/friend traded his 14 Sport in for a 16 sport. 32k out the door on the 16 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)... got 28k for his 14 on trade.

Dealer had a '14 limited on the floor room - 26K miles, if I remember correctly. Wanted $38k. Same show room - '16 Sport, same color as the '14. 64 miles. They wanted $39k for that one. Both over priced, but still.. stupid money for the used ones.

Drove my "new to me" 04 dcab yesterday and today... more I drive it, the more I like it... (this is my 3rd 04 dcab)

This is why I put my FJC up for sale. I don't really care either way if it sells, but I have noticed people asking more than new prices for them, after they have 50k miles on them.

Clutch

<---Pass

This is why I put my FJC up for sale. I don't really care either way if it sells, but I have noticed people asking more than new prices for them, after they have 50k miles on them.

Freakin' nutty what the resale value is...even with all the miles I have on mine, kinda shocked what I can still get for it. Not that I care about resale value...since I hang on to them for so long.

It would be nice to add a DCSB to the Extra-Cab, there is only one thing I do not like about the 1st Gen DC's...I'll let you take a wild guess...what it is...

bkg

Explorer
Freakin' nutty what the resale value is...even with all the miles I have on mine, kinda shocked what I can still get for it. Not that I care about resale value...since I hang on to them for so long.

It would be nice to add a DCSB to the Extra-Cab, there is only one thing I do not like about the 1st Gen DC's...I'll let you take a wild guess...what it is...

Not available with a manual...

Clutch

<---Pass
Not available with a manual...

winner winner...

9391chicken%20dinner.JPG

Clutch

<---Pass
I are smart.

I like the auto... It's really nice after you spend some.money with Level-10... Had their VB in my old 4runner. Loved it.

To be honesty. Having both in the garage is nice. Her SUV is like driving a lazy boy down the road.

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
I think the Ridgeline is calling your name!
I wouldn't mind one of those myself. Only if they were a bit bigger inside.

Actually, I like the new Ridgeline, refreshing they didn't go macho with the design. Wonder if the new short bed AT Habitat will fit it?

p nut

butter
Actually, I like the new Ridgeline, refreshing they didn't go macho with the design. Wonder if the new short bed AT Habitat will fit it?

That would be nice if it did. Payload is 1600, I believe, and it can tow 5k lbs, according to TFL video. And if it's the same engine as the new ones they're putting in the Pilot/MDX, mid to high 20's on the freeway isn't bad at all.

Clutch

<---Pass
That would be nice if it did. Payload is 1600, I believe, and it can tow 5k lbs, according to TFL video. And if it's the same engine as the new ones they're putting in the Pilot/MDX, mid to high 20's on the freeway isn't bad at all.

I do want to take a look at when it comes out. Too bad no extra cab 6' bed configuration. That seems to work best for me. Tell ya...I always come back to the Tacoma ACLB as the best all-around platform for what I need/want it to do. It could get better gas mileage...but oh well.

Seeing that new AT Habitat makes me want to buy a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism