3 weeks exploring Baja...

timaus13

Observer
Mate One of the Best

Mate this is one of the best Trip reports I have had the pleasure to enjoy felt like I was with you all the way.:wings:

Big Thankyou for sharing with us all.:victory:

Cheers
Tim AKA Gadgets:1888fbbd:

Mamontof

Explorer
This Trip Report Food :chef: Pictures make me Hungry for :sombrero: food

is So Good in photos !!!!:costumed-smiley-007

Thank You! :sombrero:

805gregg

Adventurer
Great report, you've got to love the CRD in Baja. When you pulled up to the diesel pumps did the attendants tell you you were at the wrong pump? They did that to me every time.

Lichen

Explorer
Well, I hope you're happy now that you've given us all Baja Fever! Great trip report. I agree that driving through Mexicali sucks, driving through La Paz sucks, and the road south of Puertocitos will rattle your fillings. Mmmmm, fish tacos. How much weight did you gain?

timh

Explorer
I am one of those people that is always weary of Mexico trips, then everytime I see a report like this I really want to go. Loved the pics and it looks like you guys had a great time!

Canadian Moose

Adventurer
Awesome trip!!

I am from Canada and I was thinking about hitting up Mexico this summer. What did you do about vehicle insurance? Or even medical insurance?

LilKJ

Adventurer
Awesome trip!!

I am from Canada and I was thinking about hitting up Mexico this summer. What did you do about vehicle insurance? Or even medical insurance?

I went through Mexpro for vehicle insurance... didn't do anything special for medical insurance. :coffeedrink:

LilKJ

Adventurer
Day 17- Bahia Concepcion to San Quintin

Long day on the road this time... we really wanted to get back up north so that we could be in a good position for our adventure the following day. This was the first time I had ever been north of Chapala and things are quite different up there....

When you drive a CRD, bring a funnel... most smaller stations only have the large diesel nozzles...
IMG_0259editresize.jpg

On the road again...
IMG_2436editresize.jpg

The roadside decor changed pretty dramatically as we headed to the Pacific coast...
IMG_2433editresize.jpg

Wildflowers were blooming...
IMG_2418editresize.jpg

The long road ahead...
IMG_2430editresize.jpg

It just got greener and greener as we got closer to San Quintin... almost like they just got a lot of rain or something ;)
IMG_2452editresize.jpg

How do you know if a semi just passed WAY too close to you? When your fender flare gets ripped off and your driver mirror gets hit.... yikes!
IMG_2422editresize.jpg

Unfortunately, we had to enjoy the sunset from the road this time... just south of San Quintin.
IMG_2464editresize.jpg

LilKJ

Adventurer
I forget the name of the place we camped... it was a little tough trying to find a place to camp in the mud hole that is the San Quintin area. Some campgrounds just seem to be gone altogether after the storms... we were the only people in the restaurant that night, odd for such a big place...
IMG_0261editresize.jpg

Food was good though... and the menu's were pretty nifty...
IMG_0262editresize.jpg

Under $20 when everything was said and done...
IMG_0265resize.jpg

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
How was the road from Cabo San Lucas, up to Cabo Pulmo? How long (time) was the drive?

I'm headed to Cabo Pulmo in a week and a half, heading south from there . . .

LilKJ

Adventurer
How was the road from Cabo San Lucas, up to Cabo Pulmo? How long (time) was the drive?

I'm headed to Cabo Pulmo in a week and a half, heading south from there . . .

Well there are 2 ways you can get between Cabo Pulmo and Cabo San Lucas. The coastal road that we took was a slow 4 hour drive (10mph or so on washboard)... you can also go north from Cabo Pulmo and hit pavement in 6-7 miles or so. Then, it's an easy cruise to San Jose Del Cabo. The coastal road is VERY scenic though... I'd recommend it. There is some construction going on though with quite the detour just now around San Jose Del Cabo... it's an adventure:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal