A Hummer H3 built for everything.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
06e4327d.jpg

Maxtraxs came in. Pic kind of sucks. They are the tan military ones and the color matches my truck. :) I will eventually make a mount for them, but for now they will sit in a nifty multicam pouch made for them.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Awesome truck. Did you consider an Alpha H1, or were you set on the H3?

Thanks. I was always set on the H3 but with the V8 engine. The H1 has an awesome center of gravity, but is way too heavy to be a practical 4x4. Independent suspension also limits its 4x4 abilities. I know most people won't agree with this, but my personal experience has taught me so.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Thanks guys. It's been a very long road to where it's now. It's pretty much finished, even though projects like these are never really finished. :D

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

HOOLIGAN

The 4x4 Podcast
Wow! Normally I can't stand H3's, but I'd drive that one in a heartbeat. You've fixed everything that is wrong with them. I don't mean that as a dig, just that you have a very well thought out rig.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Wow! Normally I can't stand H3's, but I'd drive that one in a heartbeat. You've fixed everything that is wrong with them. I don't mean that as a dig, just that you have a very well thought out rig.

Thanks! That was exactly the idea when we started on the build. There is still an Achilles tendon. The Body Control Module which sits on the floor next to passenger's feet. It's very sensitive to water, so I have to find a solution. Damn electronics on modern vehicles!!!!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

mikeg1713

Adventurer
Great job! Killer build! I saw a pic of your truck in a google image search and turned that search into a search for your h3. I just went through all 15 pages. Your idea is the direction my JK is going. You just went way over the top! Great build !!!!!!!!!!!!

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Thanks. It would have never been possible without out the help and support of all the shops and manufacturers. The original plan was never supposed to be this extreme. Once we started everyone jumped on the project. Never had something like that happen.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online