A Hummer H3 built for everything.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
The Outback Challenge is hosted in many private properties/ranches. At night the groups would rotate from one property to the next with transit/transport stages. During the day you would do all the special stages in that property. Simple and effective solution.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
bf688a4a.jpg

Color matched (sort of) and installed Syclone precleaner I got from RidgeDemon.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
64504e0c.jpg

We cut down the OEM tire carrier so it has much less leverage on the tail gate. We cut 2" off. It put the spare nice and snug yet leaving room for a slightly larger tire.

ca70169d.jpg

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
It's a rare Eotech x4. A little heavier but definition was much better.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
3382f34f.jpg

I installed some M12 threaded rings on the HMMWV winch mount after color matching them. This allows me to put the winch hook up out of the way. Originally I had it on the factory D-ring, but that's the lowest point and the rope risks dragging onto something sharp.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
96382bf9.jpg

Finally got the front Fox bump stops installed. It's a tight fit but East Coast Gear Supply did their magic again.

33f67652.jpg

Driver's side. The top pic is the passenger's side.

Next step is the rear bumps. I also plan to either do a high-steer setup, if the ram assist allows, or just add a skid to protect the ram.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Do you deal with Andy @ East Coast Gear- great guy and very good friend.

Yes. He's done most of the high end fabrication that is beyond my capabilities. He's a great guy too. Always on the same page.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Beautiful! And, when you're done... You will bring it up to Fort Drum so I properly evaluate its skills?:sombrero: I am an experienced Army 88M (Motor Transport Operator) with many miles driving a HMMWV!:smiley_drive:

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Beautiful! And, when you're done... You will bring it up to Fort Drum so I properly evaluate its skills?:sombrero: I am an experienced Army 88M (Motor Transport Operator) with many miles driving a HMMWV!:smiley_drive:

Thanks MatthewP. I take runs up to CT sometimes. Next time I go, I'll hit you up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal