A.R.E. Aluminum DCU “camper lite” build

sourdough

Adventurer
I've had mine since '02. Very handy.
upselwayr-13.jpg

robert

Expedition Leader
I don't know if you've mounted your additional brake/signal lights yet, but one thing you may want to consider is mounting them on the sides similar to where you had them photo-shopped only a bit lower. By doing this they are still visible through the rear door windows if you have the doors open. This is safer for things like stopping on the side of the road i.e. changing a tire. You'll notice them set up this way on a lot of ambulances/rescue trucks.

KELLEVRA

Observer
F-250

I simply love this set up, Ive tried togo the same direction with mine, My topper is all steel so its a little heavier but I can weld to any part of it which is cool, One of the only downfalls is the exterier accessable boxes make little room inside, so making the accomidations inside have been interesting, but we have a lot of fun in her...

Jims phone 123.jpgDads 017.jpgJims phone 127.jpg

bjp

Rez roamer, dog wrangler
I'd like to see where this project ended up, also. I just got my own ARE DCU a little over a week ago. Haven't been out camping in it yet, but I have already put its extended capacity to the test in other ways. I have to say, this is the best decision I've ever made re: truck stuff. I love this thing.

cheers, everyone!

-ben

bdog1

Adventurer
Nice looking set-up bjp. Blending the rack to the topper height looks good!

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

FullTankHank

Adventurer
Just thought I would check in and see if anyone is still using their DCU and how it is working out. I am thinking of possibly getting a DCU with an insulated interior.

JADM

I bought this cap used. It had 3 coats of paint and a few dents. Fixed it up and painted it and I love it, very useful. I need to put the roof rack back on it and work on it a little more.P1010010.JPGP1010011.JPGP1010013.JPGP1010014.JPG

brentdavenport

Ive got a similar setup. I camp all the time in the back and it works out well. Do you have any plans to add insulation/vents/or other upgrades inside?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz