AmbuLand build thread

Abitibi

Explorer
Awesome, microwave is going in my build as well :)

How do you like those slam latches?
I really like them but had to modify them since my doors are mounted flush with the cabinet walls. No biggies.

a226cc58466db967859c559d30c7929b.jpg

Cheers
David

"Another great day ruined by responsibilities"

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
Last minute change. I had nice hollow space at the top of the cabinet so figured I'd maximize it somehow... Here's what I came up with:

6725904751224f778c78681779fdfbdf.jpg

Kleenex box storage :)

7e8d4286a1b68e84f214d4db53f43124.jpg

Upper front cabinet is all done, just need to varnish it and mount it once the roof is all done. Test fit was good so I can just about call it a day.

patoz

Expedition Leader
I think a paper towel holder would have been more useful, but you'll probably rack up more points with the wife that way! :agree:

Abitibi

Explorer
I think a paper towel holder would have been more useful, but you'll probably rack up more points with the wife that way! :agree:
Not really, she said I should have mounted a mirror there instead! Arghhhh

Cheers
David

java

Expedition Leader
Hinged mirror over the Kleenex box is the obvious answer!

thanks for the latch pic, a couples questions, is that a stop for the door taht they are latching on?

Sea Dog, perko or some other mfg?

Abitibi

Explorer
Great minds think alike! I too thought of simply putting a mirror on top using either a hinge system or earth magnet... Please feel free to post your ideas, she's a picky one when comes camping time but I love her and wanna keep her happy :)

Cheers
David

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Gun safe...what else! Maybe a mirror to hide the door...

None of the Guns we have here would fit in that space :D

Did your ambulance have a Gun compartment? A friend who used to work for the city bought a Crestline Ambulance from California... The ambulance crew were a little surprised to find it came equipped with a gun compartment :Wow1: (can't remember if it was for the driver or crew).

zuke

Adventurer
Did your ambulance have a Gun compartment? A friend who used to work for the city bought a Crestline Ambulance from California... The ambulance crew were a little surprised to find it came equipped with a gun compartment.

Mine has a Gun compartment, It's behind and above the action seat, so not accessible to the driver...

tgreening

Expedition Leader
My gun compartment is usually my right hip, but I do have some ideas about future "low key" transport of a couple ARs.

Abitibi

Explorer
No gun compartment in mine, not that I'd need one anyway. But as my build moves along I'm getting quite the range in various hidden compartments! If one was to review this build thread from the get go they could probably figure them all out ;)

Cheers
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner