Any Fully built F150 expedition builds?

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
So, Wolvee, what are the plans? Any thought on a Subaru Forester instead? I have a Forester, decided to stick with the F-150 for its capacity, towing ability and the difference in the mpg isn't that big of a deal considering the pluses for the truck. :)

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer

Nicest truck in this whole thread
waytogo.gif

Clutch

<---Pass
Nicest truck in this whole thread
waytogo.gif

Trouble maker. :D

I did that feature for Offroad Magazine. He was able to keep up with my prerunner (18.5 inches of travel) over some really rough roads. Truck was built by Blitzkreig, very nice!

Awesome, I see that Ready Lift is doing a copy of the suspension and bumper of that truck.

http://www.readylift.com/c-21-chevy...on-leveling-kit.aspx?searchterm=silverado1500

GM-Mid-Travel-4WDs.jpg

It is a darn near perfect rig for exploring Baja.

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
...at high speeds!!

yes!!!

doesn't beat a bike though (nothing much does other than a Trophy Truck or Class 1) ;)

Be a decent screwing around with the girlfriend showing her the sites though.

I dunno, I can't help myself but driving past the chevy commercial truck yard often having a look-see.

Do you have any white ones?

getting off track here fellas, not a F150, but this F250 with a long travel TTB is pretty sweet

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1211or-stealth-prerunner-1982-ford-f250-4x4/

1211or-09+not-your-grandpas-old-ford-1982-ford-f250-4x4+1982-ford-f250-4x4-prejump.jpg

have soft spot for step side F100's

a little tent, cooler, small camp stove good to go.

aa7b7167508597f630656b7d101a1e41.jpg

Last edited:

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
May be a dumb question, but if a 1/2 ton has a much higher payload than most expo vehicles (Tacomas, JK's, 4 runners, etc.), how would it be a bad choice for an expo vehicle? I mean this concerning payload, not so much wheelbase. I feel that most expo travel is not too serious of off-road activity and does not require solid axles with lockers front and rear. Although, solid axles with front and rear lockers is definitely a positive.

IMO, the Taco's, JK's, and 4 runners aren't great for Expo use if you're hauling anything serious. Tent camping only. Depends on your needs. Many of those little rides max out their GVWR with just basic tools and equipment.

You kinda have to decide how much weight you're going to bring before choosing a vehicle. Usually my loads are 1/2 ton friendly. But every once in a while I'm hauling a larger load than 2000 pounds.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Nice truck BOGeeks, I got BFG A/Ts not long ago, tire dealers around here won't mount anything not recommended by the mfg. After I burn through these I'll try again, can't mount and balance in my garage.

phydough

Observer
Ozarker, try taking in your wheels loose. Tell the shop they are for a trail rig, they might mount them that way, no liability (for them) if they don't know what rig the tires are for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater