Anybody heard from Colorado Camper Vans?

710m

Observer
We're getting a CCV top installed on our extended Chevy van. We put a deposit down and are slated for an install this spring. So far communication has been good and the tops look legit.

Grabow

Adventurer
So, we just got a top installed on our Astro at CCV and couldn't be happier. This is the second time that we've done business with Derek, and he's definitely a stand up guy. The workmanship is great, with perfect fit and finish. As others have said, you have to be patient (they did have our van for a couple of weeks longer than we were originally told), but the wait is definitely worth it. I fully recommend them to anyone thinking of installing a pop top.

Before:
IMG_6397.JPG

After:
IMG_6512.JPG

IMG_6513.JPG

IMG_6515.JPG

IMG_3088.JPG

Last edited:

BobbyJones

Observer
In prep for my Astro conversion, the measurements I got from CCV were:

Sleeping platform approx 72 x 40, 30 inches in height.

I'd like to know if real world differs much.

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm Matt and I'm taking over for Stephen here as sales director for CCV. I understand things have been rocky in the past and that's whey Derek brought me in. My goal is to step up the production value and our consistency, while maintaining timely communication with our clients and prospective clients. Any feedback on our tops, build outs, and conversions is valued and I look forward to corresponding with you in the future. I'll try my best to monitor this thread at least once a week, but for the quickest response please contact me directly.

Thanks and here's to a great season.

Matt Dunkerly
info@coloradocampervan.com

Grabow

Adventurer
Poptop looks great Grabow! How much height do you get with the sleeping platform in place?

With the sleeping platform in place, the interior height of the van is the same as before the pop top was installed, with the exception of about 2.5 feet at the rear of the van (this is the area you enter the bed from). When you want stand up space in the van, for hanging out or cooking or whatever, you can stack the bed at the front over the driver and passenger seats. The bed is in three sections, with the front one being permanently mounted and the middle and bottom sections being easily removable, so they can be stacked out of the way. As far as headroom inside of the poptop while sleeping, there is more than enough room to sit upright in bed.

tequilasunset

Adventurer
With the sleeping platform in place, the interior height of the van is the same as before the pop top was installed, with the exception of about 2.5 feet at the rear of the van (this is the area you enter the bed from). When you want stand up space in the van, for hanging out or cooking or whatever, you can stack the bed at the front over the driver and passenger seats. The bed is in three sections, with the front one being permanently mounted and the middle and bottom sections being easily removable, so they can be stacked out of the way. As far as headroom inside of the poptop while sleeping, there is more than enough room to sit upright in bed.

Good to hear... I plan on the upper area to be an area I can sit up and read or just stare at the world... like having an enclosed balcony :)

Grabow, is the opening at the rear how they do Astros? Or was that something you requested?
I'm in line for a high top on my 2000 e150. Going in at the end of May. I have been assuming that the pass through would be at the front- maybe I should double check?
I spoke with Matt a couple of days ago. He seems to have his ducks in a row. I had previously spoken with Stephen (and Derek) and I will say that Matt seems to know a bit more about the product/process than Stephen did. He would defer a lot of my questions to Derek, but as we all know, Derek is too busy putting awesome tops on vans to be super prompt at answering questions. I can live with that, but I'm also psyched to have someone I can get in touch with quickly if need be.

Can't wait for my install!

Grabow

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure my set up is the standard, it's not anything that I requested. I think that they probably leave the roof over the driver and passenger seat intact for structural integrity if nothing else.

@MorrieSugg Thanks for the credit!

Our standard for the Astro opening is at the rear. For all other Vans our upper bed access is at the front of the van. For your vehicle we can do half fixed half removable or all removable panels. We can go over that when you drop the vehicle.

As for some of the technical specs I do defer to Derek for the things I don't know rather than giving out inaccurate information. I'm new to the shop, so I don't know everything quite yet, but not a stranger to van builds or our product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333

Members online