Arctic Ocean Expedition: March-April, 2007

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Peter those photos came out fantastic. The angles didn't get boring at all.

My son Søren, pup Khuno, and I had a great time! The conversation, video/slideshow, and cool gear were all a lot of fun. Other than a lack of dry wood, the campfire was a lot of fun.

I'm glad the trail run went well for you as well. The weather couldn't have turned out better for the photos (light snow and sun). Sorry I didn't get back to you on the radio at May Creek. I was a bit distracted getting my truck back across the creek and back to the road without a rear driveshaft. From the photos it looks like you had a great time. I was glad to see that Ike made it out too.

Scott -- what kind of tire deflators were those?

Craig

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Ontario

Scott, Just saw your truck in town today. Looks really good first hand. Were headed for the best mexican food in town?
Enjoy Ontario, Oregon and Fiesta food!
I am working a shift with the Fire/EMS today, so drive safe :D

Wish I had known you were coming through I would have been happy to show you guys around the station.

Best wishes for safe travels, Brule.

Scott Brady

Founder
We are at the Jolts and Java right now. Where are you located Henry? It would be great to at least stop by and say hi.:beer:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
HA! You gotta love the internet. We just found Brule (HenryJ) at the fire dept. here in Ontario and he showed us around the station and we got to check out his super cool truck. Too fun. It was great to finally meet you after all of these years, mister HenryJ. We go way back... to the Zr2.com forum days, many years ago.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Peter (pwc), thanks for putting up the pics. They are great! It was a pleasure to finally meet you in person.

:beer:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Seth and Isaac, it was great to meet you too. Thanks for coming out to see us and show us the trail. It was gorgeous up there on that mountain!

Seth, I thought that was pretty cool, when we were standing there by that bridge and you mentioned the story about the rock in the middle of the creek. That is awesome.

:beer: :beer:

K2RVR

Adventurer
Hey guys, Did you have time to go up on Glass Butte? Hopefully the weather was good enough to give you a great view.

Todd
K2RVR

SeaRubi

Explorer
bigreen505 said:
Wow PWC, those are incredible shots! :clapsmile

Peter is a great photographer ... :rockon: not trucks or trail but here's a warm place :luxhello:

mazatlan.jpg

edit: [/hijack]

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
K2RVR said:
Hey guys, Did you have time to go up on Glass Butte? Hopefully the weather was good enough to give you a great view.

Todd
K2RVR

We didn't make it that far last night. We made it to the east side of the mountains and camped at a place called coves state park (I think). I woke up in pretty bad shape - some intestinal flu or something... uughhhh... so we were running behind sched. today and had to pass Glass Butte. (dang!) Thanks for your efforts to get us there though, I really appreciate it. We are currrently crusing across Idaho hoping to make it to Ogden UT tonight.

Scofco

Observer
Incredible photos, I'm looking forward to seeing this DVD more than ever now.
It's mind blowing to look at those photos and invision what you guys have been doing the last couple of weeks.

:victory:

SethG33

Hey Chris...
You guys took some amazing shots... don't forget you promised me a cd of the batch! and put me on the list for the Video, I'm sure it's just as amazing!

See you guys soon, hopefully before October!:imagesCADZQMBJ:

Seth:beer:

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
BajaTaco said:
HA! You gotta love the internet. We just found Brule (HenryJ) at the fire dept. here in Ontario and he showed us around the station and we got to check out his super cool truck. Too fun. It was great to finally meet you after all of these years, mister HenryJ. We go way back... to the Zr2.com forum days, many years ago.
AMAZING!
Tuesday nite is drill night here at the station. Things get a little crazy. All the personel were dressed in uniforms for photos.
I walk downstairs and who is there...Scott Brady. BLEW ME AWAY!
We go outside to meet Chris and Pasquale (sp?).
Made my month!
Finally to meet after all this time and in such a happenstance way.
The odds had to be astronomical. One of the full time staff was sick. With 15 minutes notice I stepped in for a 24 hour shift. My partner need dress slacks a size or so larger for the photos to be taken tonight. His must have shrunk in the closet ;) . We went downtown , in the Rescue and who do I see cross the intersection...Expeditions West Tacoma. I explained to Jared, my partner, what that was and what they were doing.
When we returned to the station I posted above. I did not get the reply as I too had to get changed into the Class A uniform for photos.

Meeting you three was really a treat. I am so glad that I got a chance to show you around and check out the truck and trailer. I wish I had more time, but there is never enough it seems. I really should have thought more clearly at the time. What size shirts do you guys wear? PM me with an address and a color / size. I want to send you each a shirt from the Ontario Firefighters. We have Navy and Gray.

FFshirt.jpg

Thank you all for taking the time to stop. I hope we meet again!

Edit: (Sorry Chris, I am terrible with names!)

Last edited:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
BajaTaco said:
ExWest taco and HenryJ's Thunder II

No frickin way? :Wow1: How cool is that. I've been reading about HenryJ's truck mods since 2001/2002 when I had my old ZR2. What a great trip you guys are having. :jump:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat