Best piece of kit for your rig........a Beagle!!!!!

Gokracer1

Adventurer
This sounds like a great thing and maybe able to help with a piece of the drive depending on when also. I could do from Albuquerque to Amarillo.

Giving this a little though however I am not sure what would be more nerve racking for the guy.. Driving cross country with different people taking a few days or jumping on a few hour flight... I had my Thai Pom air shipped to me last year and he seemed to take it well considering the transfers and everything.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reser...avel_information/pet_travel_options/index.jsp

http://images.delta.com.edgesuite.net/delta/pdfs/cargo/dash_warm_blooded.pdf

Last edited:

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Another option is this, http://www.petairways.com/

I would be willing to chip in for a ticket. They do fly from LAX but not sure what east coast destination would be close enough. Might want to check this option out.

I'd be willing to chip in as well. Looks like they fly in to DC, but from what I can gather from their website it would take an entire day because of the many stops? Still it would be faster than driving, but I'm curious how chaotic each stop would be.

RangeBrover

Explorer
If we're still considering a driving route, I'll be driving from Denver to Chicago the weekend of September 19 for a wedding.

wesel123

Explorer
I wonder what would the difference be between flying SWA or the pet air ways be???

The Pet Air Ways seem to make a lot of stops. On SWA its from LAX straight through, of coarse not as comfy but a hell of a lot faster.

Thoughts????

Last edited:

ExpoMike

It seems that though more stops are made and based on what I read, it is FOR the comfort of the pets, Pet Airways is likely going to treat him much better than just thrown into a normal human airline. It sounded like they make stops and get the dogs out to go potty and walk a little. I guess each dog would be different on if they liked getting the "free time" or just a straight shot. I know I have been on some flights I would have liked to have gotten out and peed on the grass. :)

billy bee

Adventurer
If we're still considering a driving route, I'll be driving from Denver to Chicago the weekend of September 19 for a wedding.

Attention:
We may have about 1800 miles covered here. I can take the pup from CA to Denver (if this FlipPac deal comes through) and RangeBrover can go from there to ChiTown. Timing of his trip might work for me...

We can do this!!!

bb

RangeBrover

Explorer
I'll be in town for a wedding the weekend of the 19th in September. I'll be heading back to Chicago on that Sunday and I'll be traveling with my pup so one more won't be a problem in the cruiser.

wesel123

Explorer
We'll folks I'm not sure where we stand with getting the pup to Virginia but we need to find him a home asap. I've been officially put on notice with my leasing company and will get fined if hes not gone by the end of the week.

Dave I know you and your wife are dying to get the pup but the only way we can do it now is fly him on SWA. I know your against that but we cannot wait until mid September when there are a few folks driving east.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or can adopt him locally???

Last edited:

wesel123

Explorer
Some current pics. Totally different dog from a month ago.

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

wvrover

So I must admit that I have only partially followed this threat BUT...

I will gladly take the pup across the country if someone can help me out with the first leg. I will be moving from Arizona to Virginia starting on this Friday (10 August). I will probably get to Virginia on Tuesday since I will be driving a big Penske truck towing my Defender. We will probably be taking it pretty slow. My wife will be driving our Silverado with our Lab in it and I could use a canine companion in the Penske. We already have reservations at pet-friendy hotels across the country so it wont be a big deal to add another. I need someone to get the pup to either Phoenix on Friday afternoon/ Saturday morning or Albuquerque on Friday night/Saturday morning. As we are on a pretty strict schedule I cannot pick him up any earlier or later than those times at those locations. If someone can get him there I will take handle the rest. Just let me know...I'd like to make this happen for the little guy.

ExpoMike

Let me verify things but I may be able to bring him to Phoenix on Friday. I will post back very shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3