Best piece of kit for your rig........a Beagle!!!!!

billy bee

Adventurer
Mrs. McBee and I are flying on SWA from LAX to Philly Thursday. Not sure if the pup is small enough to fit under the seat...that's the only way SWA will allow a pet to fly. (SWA Pet Policy.) The cost is $75. Have not mentioned this to SWMBO, but we are both dog lovers and would do almost anything to see that a dog gets a good home. We'd have to meet the new family in Philly Friday morning early as we are heading straight to the Adirondack Mtns for a week.

Let me know if you think we can help. We'd have to pull this together FAST.

bb

Last edited:

wesel123

Explorer
Well he is a full size beagle so I'm not 100% sure he would fit. The bigger problem is
that he'll be scared outta his skin. He is just now really warming up
to me and will not let me outta his sight. It seems like he's past his running stage
He followed me out onto the front yard and came right back. Good dog I tell ya.....good dog.

Come on folks anybody have any other ideas on how to get this awesome pup back east???

I'm telling you....if it wasn't for the 2 dog rule I'd keep him.

Will Riggs

Observer
If you guys need help in the Kentucky area make sure to pm me. I'm in Louisville and am more than willing to help if need be.

DCH109

Adventurer
Ok So here is what we need.

To get him here.

I have offers in Kentucky, West Virginia and i think Ohio. So that covers most of this side. What we need is Southern Cali - the mid west for sure.

I am willing to go as far as need be to get him so that is noted and without question (Cali is a bit to far).

Help please.
Heck my wife has been looking and new dog stuff from Orvis.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I can offer free airfare to fly the pup to anywhere Southwest goes. I have tons of mileage available. So if you want to fly from LAX to wherever, let me know and we'll work it out. My airfare comes with a companion pass as well....

billy bee

Adventurer
I can offer free airfare to fly the pup to anywhere Southwest goes. I have tons of mileage available. So if you want to fly from LAX to wherever, let me know and we'll work it out. My airfare comes with a companion pass as well....

I was willing to take the pup with us on SWA on an already-scheduled trip, but it looks like the pet policy only allows carry-on pet carriers that fit under a seat..for which the pooch is too big. Is there another option? Some doggie downers and a ride in the luggage compartment? How does this work?

bb

DCH109

Adventurer
I have worked Airfreight cargo for years and i will say i would never place my dog in the hold of an aircraft, so that is out.
passengers area is ok as you can comfort the pet.

And thanks fir the suggestions

billy bee

Adventurer
Here are the dim's per Southwest:
http://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/pets_faq.html

Your pet carrier must be able to fit under the seat in front of you. The under-seat dimensions are as follows:

Window Seat: 19"L x 14"W x 8.25"H
Middle Seat: 19"L x 19"W x 8.25"H
Aisle Seat: 19"L x 14"W x 8.25"H

That's seems too small for even a toy dog. I am sorry we cannot help. I know about the love affairs we have with our dogs, even the ones we haven't met yet.

Here's another suggestion: I am working on getting a FlipPac shell back to CA from Arkansas or Colorado in late August. I could take the pooch with me at that time. Several caveats: the deal is not yet consummated, my schedule (due to school) has to be flexible, and that seems like a long time to wait to make the move.

What do you think, guys?

bb

wesel123

Explorer
Well I got the call from the landlord today asked why we had a 3rd dog. I know it was my moron neighbor ratting me out.
They guy is a massive jerk. Anyway can anyone else see a way this pup can travel back east??? I'm not sure how much longer I can have him. Which really breaks my heart, He's such a good dog.

Is riding in the cargo area really that bad?

BroncoHauler

Adventurer
Is riding in the cargo area really that bad?

When I looked into it a number of years back for some pups I was picking up, most airlines wouldn't even consider pets in the cargo area during the summer. FWIW, I passed along the info here to some friends in Ventura who have a beagle. Haven't heard anything back.

Herb

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
I can probably make a connection from Phoenix to Albuquerque, but it depends on when this is happening. I have a lot of time off right now, but with client appointments in between on already scheduled days, and relatives visiting next weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3