BEWARE OF RTIC COOLERS

perterra

Adventurer
I just joined the forum to share my RTIC experiences.
I discovered RTIC about 2 months ago from a buddy, a former rock climbing friend.
After purchasing a couple of their 20 oz tumblers and RTIC cans, I decided to pull the trigger on four of their 45 quart coolers for our work fleet of emergency response pickups.
I ordered the 4 coolers on 8/20 with an anticipated ship date of 10/23.
To my surprise, I received the ship notification last week and my 4 coolers in mojave tan arrived this morning.
Three of the four coolers were in decent shape. Minor exterior scuffs and flashing burs. The 4th one had a body about 10 shades off from the lid of the other 3 coolers. Tan lid with baby puke green body.
The interior of the mismatched cooler was also scuffed up and had an irregular finish.

I immediately contacted RTIC and was asked to provide pictures. CS rep was condescending on the phone doubting my claim and had no sense of humor.
I asked for a complimentary basket ($9 item) as a comp for the inconvenience and was told Nyet!
In order to avoid getting another mismatched tan cooler, I asked for a replacement one in arctic white.
Was told by the CS rep that I could only get a replacement in the same color. If I wanted a white one, I would need to return the tan one, get a refund and then place a new order for a white one and assume the standard 1-2 month wait all over again. ******?

Anyhow, a picture says a thousand words, so you decide.
Would you accept this lack of QA/QC for $175?

View attachment 367322

Look closely at the hinge area. Color is way off.
Tee handles are also very loose and come unlatched from the cooler with almost no effort.
Color me not impressed, even with a 50% savings over a Yeti.

Your pissing and moaning about something I could care less about. It's a non issue for me. It's a cooler, not a style accessory.

perterra

Adventurer
This makes me nervous as I have two 20 can soft coolers ordered for my college aged kids and a 20 quart roto ordered for myself.
FYI,
RTIC coolers don't include the basket like a Yeti.
That is an extra, albeit cheap extra.

So you got 4 of the 45 quart, and ordered a couple of soft sides and a 20 quart, just cancel the orders, no big deal

perterra

Adventurer
You're pissing and moaning about my pissing and moaning.

View attachment 367352

:clapsmile

Think about how this sounds, you werent happy with it, the color was off, it was scuffed and the handles fall off, but if they had given you a $9 basket you would over look the color, scuffs and handles falling off. When they said no, you come on to a forum and complain they wouldnt give you a free basket and their cooler is crappy.

So fair would be if they gave you someone elses cooler and made them wait another month?

Last edited:

CSG

Explorer
Before I ordered a small assortment of mugs from them, I called and it took was too long for someone to answer. I got the order the other day and was pleased with the packaging and mugs but I like the OT 20 oz. I got last week even better. I don't do long trips so coolers are less important to me than some.

Superflex

Think about how this sounds, you werent happy with it, the color was off, it was scuffed and the handles fall off, but if they had given you a $9 basket you would over look the color, scuffs and handles falling off. When they said no, you come on to a forum and complain they wouldnt give you a free basket and their cooler is crappy.

So fair would be if they gave you someone elses cooler and made them wait another month?

So you would accept a mismatched cooler you paid $175 for after you've spent over $1,105 with this company in less than a month?
Sure you would.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Look at the bright side. A different colored lid allows you to tell at a glance which cooler is which. It's actually an advantage.

perterra

Adventurer
So you would accept a mismatched cooler you paid $175 for after you've spent over $1,105 with this company in less than a month?
Sure you would.

Obviously you would have accepted it if they had given you a basket! I'd be a lot more concerned with the rope handles falling off than I would a color mismatch.

It doesnt bother me at all, after a month of riding around in the back of my truck, it will be faded, it will be scuffed, and when somebody pulls a beer out of it they wont say, damn your cooler lid is a different color.

They offered to credit it back, I dont know what else they could do other than give you an $9 basket.

Roger M.

Adventurer
What's really important to note about coolers is that, when Luke Bryant stops his show and pulls a beer out of a cooler onstage on his current tour, he pulls it out of a YETI :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk