Building My Overland Tacoma: Plans, Progress, Perplexions

Photog

Explorer
Wow
That is great. I love it, and I have a place to mount it.

How much trouble is it to set up?

Do the rods fit together like tent?

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
That's really cool and is pretty close to what I've looking for, however the price is not even in the realm of being in my budget. Is $300 pretty typical for something like this? Wow.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Photog said:
Wow
That is great. I love it, and I have a place to mount it.

How much trouble is it to set up?

Do the rods fit together like tent?

It is very easy to set up, similar to setting up a little tent. Takes about a minute or two to set up and take down. The poles fit just like tent poles. However, they are solid poles, so they are not shock corded like tent poles. The poles and awning all fit in the case, it is a well thought out design.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Willman said:
Love the awning!!!

Have you got it out in the wind yet?

:camping:

It was windy when I had it set up. Not a real strong wind, but enough to move the trees around, even though they do not have any leaves on them. I was surprised by how little it moved. It is not Hannibal strong, but my first impressions are that it should do good in all but a hard wind.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
More storage solutions.

2001998844583912479_rs.jpg

2001950549716220776_rs.jpg

I will be using the Go Box in the back of the cab to hold lunch and snack food. It will be easily accessible from the front seats while driving. (Nothing worse than having grocery bags rip, and spill food all over the place.)

Ordered from Eastern Mountain Sports. Link Here.
I highly recommend EMS, they are great people to work with.

A note on the sizing of the Go Boxes.
Thule has the wrong sizes listed for the Go Boxes. The correct size of the medium is 12 x 14 x 24, and the large is 12 x 18 x 24.

Overland Hadley said:
More storage solutions.

2001950549716220776_rs.jpg

I will be using the Go Box in the back of the cab to hold lunch and snack food. It will be easily accessible from the front seats while driving. (Nothing worse than having grocery bags rip, and spill food all over the place.)

Ordered from Eastern Mountain Sports. Link Here.
I highly recommend EMS, they are great people to work with.

That Thule Go Box worked great for me when I needed it. It's very sterdy for a cloth box. I kept my kayaking gear and clothing in it.

I would highly recommend EMS too. Not the cheapest, but they love and use the products they sell. Back in CT I shop only at there stores and I have always gotten great customer service. When I was looking for hiking boots for my 12 day backpacking trip in New Mexico a few years ago the customer service person spent 2 hours with me as I picked out my footware.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Your thread is stressing me out. I'm trying to save money here... Those seat covers are cool, and that awning... Must have one... :elkgrin:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Ursidae69 said:
Your thread is stressing me out. I'm trying to save money here... Those seat covers are cool, and that awning... Must have one... :elkgrin:

Sorry.

It will all be stopping soon, for a while at least. (Big plans for next year....)

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Received a box of small stuff from Expedition Exchange.

REMA Metal Sealing Valve Caps
2001657235399987234_rs.jpg

Coilhose Pneumatics Tubeless Valve Tool
2001625544723834875_rs.jpg

Coilhose Pneumatics Four-Way Schrader Valve Repair Tool
2001634811292869586_rs.jpg

Amflo Tire Valve Stems
2001764883558004558_rs.jpg

Like I said, a box of small stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members