C.Shontz 2001 Jeep Cherokee (Progress)

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
I installed the laptop mount today. Its very cool. My only complaint is I'm not sure if its going to be steady enough for off-highway. I can't tell how much its going to shake as the Jeep pitches back and forth. In any case, I'm sure it won't need much additional support if it needs anything at all.

3203546981_8a5ee4945d_b.jpg

3204396118_0d1c094e14_b.jpg

jim65wagon

I don't know Chris. It looks awfully flimsy:rolleyes:. Maybe you could try welding it to the floor and adding some braces to the arms. You should paint it to match the interior... Nice addition to the Glamper Jeep! :coffeedrink:

Are there any laptop mounts that aren't so large & permanent? I was thinking of adding this to my rig some day, but not if I have to work with a contraption like that :Wow1:

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Are there any laptop mounts that aren't so large & permanent? I was thinking of adding this to my rig some day, but not if I have to work with a contraption like that

Actually, the top portion slides out of the base tube above the RAM logo sticker, and can be tossed in the back fairly easily. I haven't had a passenger yet, but I don't think the remaining base tube would be too intrusive.

Well, that makes it better, but the wife wasn't real happy with my CB mounted in the same location as yours, so I'm sure the PC stand base would be a definite no-no. She has gotten used to the CB now though :victory:

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Hi Chris - nice laptop mount. If you find that you have too much vibration while in motion, there is a brace made by Jotto Desk that you could add to it to help secure it. My work truck laptop station has the bracing, it needed it since the screen was almost impossible to see while driving. Not to mention the rattling sounds it made which drove me nuts. Anyway, the brace goes from the main post of the computer mount and then screws to the side of the transmission tunnel up near the firewall, giving the mount that much needed support.

inked33

Adventurer
i like the laptop mount. i have a jotto desk but i like the base on your better. if you plan on taking it off-road jotto desk makes a brace for the screen to hold it in place, it will help keep the hinges from getting ruined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven