Camel Trophy

impretzle

Here is my new project that I picked up this weekend. 95' d1 camel trophy painted, Detroit locker, interco 33's...needs quite a bit of work but was a good deal I couldnt pass up. Drove about 700 miles round trip to get it!

IMG_2012092728814.jpg

IMG_2012092749703.jpg

While not an original Camel Trophy Truck, I intend to keep it as a tribute to the Camel Trophy adventures.

Does anyone know where I can get a ct style front bumper?

-Cameron

LtFuzz

Explorer

-Cameron

Dale "Rovertrader" had a real CT bumper for a while, dunno if he still has it.

Otherwise the closest thing to get the "look" is probably the standard ARB, although there are a few others that look good as well.

The Safety Devices Expedition rack is probably the most critical accessory if you're really after a CT-style build.

ini88

Adventurer

I have the CT bumper, winch plate and winch off the 95 Japanese truck. I am reproducing a batch of 5 soon if you want in. The uprights on the bumper are very thin... maybe 1/4 steel so I may make the new ones a little thicker to withstand some knocking around.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
okay guys.. I am having a couple (10) of the Tervis tumblers made up for myself.. in varying camel trophy designs.. there is a posting over on d-90 source website if any of you wanna join in with requests and ideas etc.. I am not far from their factory and have already been in touch with them.. I am not making anything on these just spreading some camel love..let me know if anyones interested.. i think so far we have about 20-25 wants..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
So here's the latest purchase... Unfortunately it's in England but she will be coming home to Australia with me.. That makes 3...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350958529.267404.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350958552.291470.jpg

Camel 90

Camel Trophy Australia.

Hi Guys.

I am new to this forum having found the Camel Trophy Thread.

I have the Canary Islands Team car from Australia 1986.

I am looking for any articles about the event, Can any one help ?

MarkIIa

Observer
Hi Camel 90,
I think I have some Overlander articles/news reports of the 86 CT, but it will take me a while to find them. It wouldn't be a lot though. Was yours the one that was raffled off in shopping centres? My Dad bought more than a few tickets for that one :p
Head over the AULRO.com as well, as that is where most of the Aussie LR owners hang out (though some of us enjoy this forum for an international perspective of Rover ownership :sombrero: )

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Hi Guys.

I am new to this forum having found the Camel Trophy Thread.

I have the Canary Islands Team car from Australia 1986.

I am looking for any articles about the event, Can any one help ?

Hello there. I was in the Canary Islands team. If there is any way I can help, let me know.

Al

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

grimbo

Explorer
Hello there. I was in the Canary Islands team. If there is any way I can help, let me know.

Al

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

This is why this site is so cool, random guy joins with an original Camel Trophy 90 and one of the guys who competed in it happens to be a member.

Pics and stories about your time in the event would be cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism