campsite pics..lets see um

FJ60Cruiser

DSC_1952-1.jpg

DSC_1954.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Ywen,

Great shots! I especially like the first two. :Wow1:

I love shots like this but I have not practiced enough yet to even come close to yours. What lens and camera settings did you use in those captures?

I am heading out for a 7 day camp the first week of February. Hopefully I'll have some star filled nights to practice with. :elkgrin:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
:coffeedrink: based on years past the FWC and its heater were a gift from heaven! I didn't get cold once that night woo hoo!

Coldest for me so far was -5*F on the ground in a sleeping bag... The best advice I can give for cold weather camping: Go to the bathroom BEFORE you go to sleep and don't have too many of these :beer: nothing is worse than having to get out of a warm sleeping bag in the middle of the night LOL! :bike_rider:

A wide mouthed Nalgene bottle is the answer for those situations!

I'd really like to know more about the location that Stormrider shared. Hopefully a trip report will be filed in its own thread or a blog link provided

ywen

Explorer
A wide mouthed Nalgene bottle is the answer for those situations!

I'd really like to know more about the location that Stormrider shared. Hopefully a trip report will be filed in its own thread or a blog link provided

But what about breathing in cold *** air? When I camped in 17deg in the back of my truck, my body was fine in the -20 bag but whenever I took a breath, the air chilled my body immediately..

ywen

Explorer
Ywen,

Great shots! I especially like the first two. :Wow1:

I love shots like this but I have not practiced enough yet to even come close to yours. What lens and camera settings did you use in those captures?

I am heading out for a 7 day camp the first week of February. Hopefully I'll have some star filled nights to practice with. :elkgrin:

Thanks!

5D Mark 2 + 17-40mm lens. Shot at ISO6400 F/4 30sec

I actually made it down to Page on my trip but the Glen Canyon rec area roads were closed due to mud so I had to camp out at the wahweap marina.. not nearly as spectacular as the campspot you told me about :ylsmoke:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks!

5D Mark 2 + 17-40mm lens. Shot at ISO6400 F/4 30sec

I actually made it down to Page on my trip but the Glen Canyon rec area roads were closed due to mud so I had to camp out at the wahweap marina.. not nearly as spectacular as the campspot you told me about :ylsmoke:

Thanks Ywen. Sorry to hear the roads were closed and kept you away from Alstrom point. The clay goo can get pretty bad on those roads so you probably missed a real mess. Hopefully you can get back down there when the roads are passable.

I appreciate the photo info. I am lusting after 5D high ISO performance. Maybe someday after I save some more pennies. :elkgrin:

Box Rocket

Not sure how I forgot to share these here.

Paul May from Equipt Expedition Outfitters at the Newfoundland Mtns, Utah
_MG_0008.jpg

Newfoundlands
_MG_0020.jpg

Poison Creek, Canyonlands
_MG_9584.jpg

_MG_9600.jpg

Above Skyline Drive near Ephraim Utah
_MG_9837.jpg

_MG_9833.jpg

_MG_9817.jpg

Chili

Explorer
I don't have any really good ones like some of you..

Johnson Branch, Ray Roberts State Park
CIMG3558.JPG

San Juan Mountains, just below Engineer Pass, CO 2009
6412_1183705227254_1066928949_1204874_3313975_n.jpg

San Juan Mountains, just below Engineer Pass, CO 2010
34505_1461132042751_1066928949_1996714_7783542_n.jpg

34505_1461132082752_1066928949_1996715_919416_n.jpg

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Haven't camped at Ray Roberts for years... one of those things about having it right down the street I guess.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Chili

Explorer
Haven't camped at Ray Roberts for years... one of those things about having it right down the street I guess.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

It's great for taking the kids because it is so close (we have 3 between us, from our training marriages). It's also nice for just the two of us when we just need an easy weekend away. We almost always stay in that same spot (walk-in primitive). It's about an hour away for us.

We have been going out there less and less since I built a fire pit in the back yard though. Now many of the weekends that we might have gone camping we just fire up the grill and fire pit and enjoy the out doors in the back yard. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__

Members online