Clancy '97 D1 Build

Trail-Tailor

Observer
Started on the swing arm today.

This is made from 3 x 2 rectangle for the prototype, but will be cut from plate and the intermittently welded around the perimeter and in structural/supporting areas. Making it about 2.5" deep x approx 5" wide across the face and rear plates. Will cut the weight by 30-40% and maintain the strength and a better look.

There will be 2- Hi-lift mounts. 1- for the 31.5" tire or less (as shown) and one 3-1/2" down and out for up to a 35" tire. Looks like both 48" and 60" jacks will stay below the roof line as well.

Out to the drivers side will be a bolt on bracket to accept 3-2 gallon or 2-3 gallon RotoPax cans.

The tire mount will be set at a height to accept up to a 35" tire and then an adjustable backspacing mount as well.

While this is a little crude, it gets the concept on the rig for me to mark-up and change things where needed.

Still need to set the arm back pitch (pull it back approx. 2") Then the heim joint to swing gate adjuster rod, mount and cushion set stop.

That's all for this year guys, see ya next year with more.

Have a safe New Year's and ROVER ON!

Jason

P1110305.JPGP1110307.JPGP1110310.JPGP1110311.JPG

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Very nice Jason, thanks for pics!
Let me know pricing and delivery with adjustments discussed above- I would need both to incorporate up to 35" tire.
Cheers, and Happy New Years!!

Trail-Tailor

Observer
Let me know pricing and delivery with adjustments discussed above- I would need both to incorporate up to 35" tire.

Thanks, I will have numbers soon.

Also, on a couple other forums, guys are wanting to see how the Hi-Lift is mounted.

The jaw is inset into the arm and holds it in place when the bolts are removed. Also the jack can be removed without removing the spare.

Jason

P1110326.JPGP1110324.JPG

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor

Trail-Tailor

Observer
Can some one help me with these measurements from a D2? I'm trying to finalize my sill sliders to go to the laser cutters and want to see if I need to make any adjustments. These measurements don't mean much on a straight slider, but I'm pitching the ends up to match the panels.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Jason

Panel Distances.jpg

jethro5

Very cool, enjoying watching this evolve as I just recently acquired a D1 and will need or like to add this stuff over time.

Yes please send pricing information along as you get it.

Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trail-Tailor

Observer
Almost done with the D1 base rear bumper. I need to add a corner belly piece and a front lip against the 1/4 and it'll be pretty much done.

J

P1110389.JPGP1110391.jpgP1110392.jpgP1110393.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven