Coleman Safari Rack at Costco for $75

bootzilla

Adventurer
everyone has gotten theirs but me....so sad :(

it would be nice if the ups man came tomorrow....I'll get home so late Monday that I will have no time to play with it...

bootzilla

Adventurer
It showed up - woohoo!

I was surprised - this is a pretty nice basket, especially when you factor in the price. For the Trooper, it could stand to be a smidge bigger, but it still looks ok, and quality of construction is good.

I'll take a few pics tomorrow before I take it back off (so I can get into the parking garage). Coleman logo comes right off of the air defector, btw.

Good deal, even if the guy in the ad looks goofy.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Any real life pics. I was thinking about getting one of these, but I wanted to see how big it is in "real life."
I figure a 4runner is similar in size to a trooper... :jump:

bootzilla said:
It showed up - woohoo!

I was surprised - this is a pretty nice basket, especially when you factor in the price. For the Trooper, it could stand to be a smidge bigger, but it still looks ok, and quality of construction is good.

I'll take a few pics tomorrow before I take it back off (so I can get into the parking garage). Coleman logo comes right off of the air defector, btw.

cnskate

Adventurer
Got mine. It's pretty cool for the money. I'm only using half of it on the front of the roof because the roof tent takes up the rest of the roof space on my XJ.

DenCo40

Adventurer
cnskate said:
Got mine. It's pretty cool for the money. I'm only using half of it on the front of the roof because the roof tent takes up the rest of the roof space on my XJ.
Cool idea. I am in the same situation. I will probably mount mine (ordered mine this morning) over the bed for now but in the spring when the RTT goes on I will slide it forward in front of the RTT.

Maddmatt

Explorer
SOAZ said:
Any real life pics. I was thinking about getting one of these, but I wanted to see how big it is in "real life."
I figure a 4runner is similar in size to a trooper... :jump:

Here it is on a 3rd gen. Sorry for the weak picture, but its cold out today.

Had it on since last summer, no problems. Haven't carried anything heavy, but have carried camp chairs, etc... several times. I wish it was about 8" longer, but for the price I can't complain.

Have had to tighten the clamps a few times, I typically just check them before I load it, and almost always need to give them a couple turns.
-Matt

dnellans

Adventurer
I just bit on this as well. $78 and change shipped to my door. will post pics when it arrives.

Last edited:

RoundOut

Explorer
bootzilla said:
107167L.jpg

"Last time I saw a hat like that, it came with a bowl of soup. Looks good on him, though!" Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack

Last edited:

SOAZ

Maddmatt said:
Here it is on a 3rd gen. Sorry for the weak picture, but its cold out today.

Had it on since last summer, no problems. Haven't carried anything heavy, but have carried camp chairs, etc... several times. I wish it was about 8" longer, but for the price I can't complain.

Have had to tighten the clamps a few times, I typically just check them before I load it, and almost always need to give them a couple turns.
-Matt
I just saw this. Thanks!
Looks good! I wonder, can it be attached to the factory cross bars. Hmmm.
:jumping:

SOAZ

RoundOut said:
107167L.jpg

"Last time I saw a hat like that, it came with a bowl of soup. Looks good on him, though!"Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack

CLASSIC!
I love that movie!:arabia:

Maddmatt

Explorer
SOAZ said:
I just saw this. Thanks!

The attachments are just Ubolts, I'm pretty sure you can attach it to any bar running across the roof of your truck. I don't have factory bars, but I bet you only need 1/2" or clearance or so.
-Matt

Photog

Explorer
SOAZ said:
I just saw this. Thanks!

Here is the link to the installation instructions. It is actually designed for the aero-bars. It should bolt right on, and be less then 2" from the roof.:)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3