Colonal's +Adventure Prescription+ | A Toyota 4Runner 5th Gen Story

arla

Observer
Looks great. I'm happy to hear you got it aligned with OEM UCAs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Looks great. I'm happy to hear you got it aligned with OEM UCAs.

I was happy to see it too. The alignment was way out and by the time I got to the shop, it was late and the alignment guy was hesitant to start on it. He did it and did a great job.

I swear yesterday your location said 'MERICA

Hahaha...I changed it. You're not going crazy :)

Really enjoyed reading your Ocala trip reports. We've been out there a bunch over the last 2-3 years in our 2wd Ranger. We recently traded it in for a 4x4 05 Tundra and can't wait to take it out there. Where in Florida are you located?

Looks great. Hard to wrong with OME

Thanks a lot for the compliment guys. TwoTrack, I'd be up for getting together. Check out the Florida Family 4x4 on FaceBook. Even if you don't get into the whole FB thing. The FF4x4 group is always putting together trail rides right here in your back yard. Great group of guys.

mouse007

Explorer
Awesome Build

Awesome build man, I just joined the Florida Family 4x4 page on Face Book. By the way, a few Miami 4x4 guys will be hitting up Lazy Springs this Sunday May 25th. P.M. Me and I'll send you the details.

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Awesome build man, I just joined the Florida Family 4x4 page on Face Book. By the way, a few Miami 4x4 guys will be hitting up Lazy Springs this Sunday May 25th. P.M. Me and I'll send you the details.

Just saw your taco thread...looks amazing, great job!! I will follow it for sure. Thanks for the invite. We have a ton of stuff planned for the weekend including my oldest sons birthday on Saturday. I'll make the next one though!

nice! looking good :)

Thanks m(a)ce!!!

Looks awesome Colonal! How long did it take to install everything?

Thanks man! I'm almost embarrassed to admit how long it took. Between answering works calls, family calls and responding to emails, it took me about 4 hours to do the rear. I did the rear by myself and I'm fanatical (overly cautious) about floor jack and jack stand placement. Everything went smoothly until I went to install the OME springs. I couldn't figure out how to pry them in there. I was concerned with over extending the brake lines and putting to much pressure on the opposite side of the axle with jack. The bottle jack method was a miserable experience and highly recommend not even messing with it. More later...

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Thanks man! I'm almost embarrassed to admit how long it took. Between answering works calls, family calls and responding to emails, it took me about 4 hours to do the rear. I did the rear by myself and I'm fanatical (overly cautious) about floor jack and jack stand placement. Everything went smoothly until I went to install the OME springs. I couldn't figure out how to pry them in there. I was concerned with over extending the brake lines and putting to much pressure on the opposite side of the axle with jack. The bottle jack method was a miserable experience and highly recommend not even messing with it. More later...

hahaha I salute you for being honest. Think of it this way, better to take your time and be OCD over the whole think than be on the trail and have something fail. Is a bottle jack all you have? May be time to buy a real jack!

mouse007

Explorer
Just saw your taco thread...looks amazing, great job!! I will follow it for sure. Thanks for the invite. We have a ton of stuff planned for the weekend including my oldest sons birthday on Saturday. I'll make the next one though...!

Perfect, happy early birthday to your son.

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
hahaha I salute you for being honest. Think of it this way, better to take your time and be OCD over the whole think than be on the trail and have something fail. Is a bottle jack all you have? May be time to buy a real jack!

Moreover, on the lift...

The front went much smoother. I convinced my pop to come and just observe (He has a ton of Toyota/automotive experience. Led technical training for SE Toyota for 25 years. Hence, my Toyota obsession). The observing was just too boring for him...so, ultimately, he caved and started getting dirty. He and I knocked out the front in probably 2 hours...give or take. Not including the time we took for lunch while the struts were being assembled. The front was far easier than the rear (mostly due to my old man).

Oh, I do have a proper floor jack (3 ton), hahahaha. I was refering to the bottle jack method of placing the bottle jack between the axle and frame. Check out Slee's instruction for the lift install...it's what I referred to the most. Clean and simple. I also referred to a thread on the FJ forums: Dummies guide to installing Icon lift (or something like that).

Perfect, happy early birthday to your son.

Thanks, man....he's getting big. Got him a Redcat Rockslide RS10XT so he can "wheel" when I can't..hahaha.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
hahaha ohhhhh well that makes much more sense. I was thinking, come on man!! I haven't heard of that method before. I'll check it out. Thanks man!

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Unfun Carnage...well, it was a fun weekend but not fun trail damage.

Totally unrelated to the build BUT in short, my truck was backed into and was just left there for dead... :mad:

Long story: Headed down to Key West for a week long Bachelor Party. En route to KW, we stayed at a buddies house on Ramrod Key (insert all the Super Trooper jokes) to fish for a couple days. Dude's house is under construction and one of the delivery dudes had to of backed into it. The house/driveway is way too secluded for someone to just come in, crash into my car, then leave. So, we come in off the water and I go to put something in the back. This is what I find....

Untitled by crr1116, on Flickr

All in all, the trip was blast...but still sucks that this deductible will have to come out of my mod budget :coffee:

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Some people man. That sucks. I've never understood people that knowingly hit something and go on with their day like nothing happened. I saw someone back into a civic one time and do some pretty decent damage. I lived on the 3rd floor and I had a view of the bay, street, etc. Saw the guy hit the car, get out and look at it, then drove off. I grabbed my binoculars. got the license plate and wrote a note for the civic owner. Ironically, as I was putting the note on the car, someone else came over to do the same thing as I.

Sorry that happened!

arla

Observer
Oooohhhhh. That sucks.

Then I'm lucky. At my lust experience The guy who hit my work truck was nice enough to wait for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete

Members online