COLORADO CAMPER VAN LLC-**Do business at your own risk**

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 62268

Heh, it is kind of the way the system works, you can elect to have your case tried in the court of public opinion - it's a good way to assess whether your experience is an outlier. If a bunch of people had jumped on the CCV bandwagon and said "these guys are great you are way out of line" that would have been accepted by the community as well.

Since I'm not seeing a lot of people jumping to the defense of CCV, my take is that the OPs experience is (unfortunately) consistent with that of others here - even though they may be less vocal.

That is seriously flawed logic

KMG

Adventurer
The top may have cosmetic damage that may have slipped by "Quality Control" but the top interferes with the front doors! This is a case of a poor quality product installed by a low end business. The expression "You get what you paid for" rings true in this case. The buyer chose a low end supplier to install an inferior product to save money and now is upset that he didn't receive a quality finished product. You received what you paid for not what you hoped you would receive for a discount. A little research shows CCV has had many issues with dissatisfied customers way before this issue began.

tequilasunset

Adventurer
The top may have cosmetic damage that may have slipped by "Quality Control" but the top interferes with the front doors! This is a case of a poor quality product installed by a low end business. The expression "You get what you paid for" rings true in this case. The buyer chose a low end supplier to install an inferior product to save money and now is upset that he didn't receive a quality finished product. You received what you paid for not what you hoped you would receive for a discount. A little research shows CCV has had many issues with dissatisfied customers way before this issue began.

LULZ... ^^starts burning bridge from both ends while standing in the middle...

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
The buyer chose a low end supplier to install [...]

Minor correction: The buyer chose the only supplier still servicing this platform.

Nobody else is offering a top for the Astro/Safari at this time. CCV has made a lot of show of making improvements in their operation, so one could be forgiven for believing a functional top would be part of what one paid for.

Not sure where this sudden need to blame the buyer is coming from.

We offer the product and Tequilasunset should get a quality top that functions well. Although there are problems, we will fix them and he will have a great product. I am confident in the end he will be happy with his CCV top.

goneagain

Observer
We offer the product and Tequilasunset should get a quality top that functions well. Although there are problems, we will fix them and he will have a great product. I am confident in the end he will be happy with his CCV top.

As it should be. Looking forward to seeing this resolved to bruces satisfaction. Its bad thing for both parties when it comes to this point..

KMG

Adventurer
"LULZ" I'm glad you still have a sense of humor. I'd be mad as hell at myself for ignoring the warning signs and conducting business with CCV. Good Luck!

Petrolburner

Explorer

I agree that you often get what you paid for, but this is a (roughly) $10,000 top! CCV is not a low end supplier, and they happen to be the only supplier for the Astro/safari as mentioned above. Yes there are numerous documented cases of unsatisfied customers, but also satisfied customers. Additionally, it also sounds like CCV has been making strides on improving the quality control and customer service.

If there is a crease in the mold, you don't need to make a new mold, just do the bodywork to the mold so it quits making that impression that looks like a crack.

The cosmetic nicks and dings in the photo look like they would be best filled with bondo and painted like any other bodywork to me. That shouldn't cost THAT much.

The real issue of concern is how the top overlaps the front doors. That issue looks like it needs to be corrected first, and then the seal replaced since its had a hole worn into it.

rockbender

Adventurer
Nobody in this thread has said it yet, so I'll be the first: We've got a CCV top and we totally love it. I know others that really like theirs as well, including many that have come from SMB tops.

The old mold issue is a bummer - it's too bad that some time wasn't invested to revamp the mold a bit if that is possible. Not only would it turn out a better product, but save the patch work time on the back end. Even though it is probably difficult to justify for only a few Astro tops per year, i agree that it should either be the same quality as the other tops or simply just stop making them despite how hard it is to turn away a customer.

I'd agree with others on the top fit - it looks like it perhaps didn't get trimmed up far enough? I'm guessing trimming the top back so it clears the doors may be part of the reasonable fix so long as the scissors allow enough additional downward movement.

The bolt/pivot connection needs to be checked out. The single shear scenario isn't ideal, but hey - the SMB tops are set up this way too (at least my old one was). I'll take a look at mine over the weekend to see if I have any issues developing.

Do you know if the actuators are lifting front and rear or right and left?

I sincerely hope that you are able to get your top working to the point where you can enjoy it.

BobbyJones

Observer
Nobody in this thread has said it yet, so I'll be the first: We've got a CCV top and we totally love it. I know others that really like theirs as well, including many that have come from SMB tops.

Curious- do have an Astro top or one of the newer vans that they're focusing their time and energy on?

D90Rovin

Observer
Thank you Tequila for posting this to the community. It's better for everyone to have the knowledge so they can make an informed decision. I do think more inspections should take place by CCV so that imperfections, malfunctions, etc are caught before a buyer picks up the van and drives home, regardless of where they are located. These tops are expensive, plain and simple. It's a major committed purchase.

We all hope that the OP is made whole so that he can be as excited about his product as those that love CCV products from day one.

tequilasunset

Adventurer
Update: Still waiting on Derek to answer some simple questions I sent him on Thursday afternoon in responding to his email that was less than 2 hrs earlier.

Other than that, no real progress yet...

tequilasunset

Adventurer
LOL... Derek responded today saying he was waiting to hear back from me and the 2nd shop option if I went there etc... and STILL did not bother to answer the questions I asked on Thursday, that had to do with that 2nd shop and the 1st shop to fix my gelcoat. I responded within 2 minutes today telling him I was waiting for the questions to be responded too... I just don't get it, it's like he never read my email... how difficult is it to respond to simple questions?... SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL