COLORADO CAMPER VAN LLC-**Do business at your own risk**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pntyrmvr

Adventurer
Pull the bandaid off completely Derek. No wincing, no whining.

Refund this guy 100% of his purchase and be done with it. Today.

You'll never win this one.

Look at it as a QC/PR lesson.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

Bbasso

Expedition Leader

:peepwall:

goneagain

Observer

My thoughts exactly. Seems its nearly there anyway judging by the repair bill.

KMG

Adventurer
Refunding his money back is better than nothing, but if CCV wants to salvage their reputation beyond this customer then they should refund 100% of his money plus purchase his van for fair market value. What good is a van with a hole in the roof.

philos

Explorer
Refunding OPs money won't fix his problem and may not be an acceptable solution to him either. Nor will it do any good to the vendors reputation if they run away from fixing their product.
That's just easy for the vendor, which isn't fair in my book. They sold a defective product and should stand behind it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paddy

Adventurer
Using the mold beyond its life span is crap practice. I've been involved in making of many molds similar to what these are I'm guessing. To get the mold fixed is easy. Take an existing top with problems, fair it, sand it, seal it, release it, shoot it with glass and there you go, a new mold is ready. It's not rocket science. It's not even that expensive.

tequilasunset

Adventurer
The latest...

Lining up a time frame for their lead tech (not sure if it is the same person who installed it) to ship parts to my place, and for him to fix it at my place during a scheduled visit to Cali... just waiting to hear "When".

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
In a different life I used to be in charge of Product Service for a multiple-hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars product line for one of the biggest companies in the world. My job was pretty simple.

1. Is the customer's problem because of our product?
2. If the answer to number 1 is yes, fix it for them.
3. If one customer had this problem, how are you ensuring that the problem is isolated/contained and no other customers will ever experience this issue.

1 and 2 were easy (just involved throwing a little money / free product around), but 3 was tricky and in my case involved traveling all over the world - sometimes with one way tickets. I didn't get to come home until I could convince my boss that a permanent and irreversible corrective action had been implemented. Good times.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Very sorry to hear about your CCV top issues tequila. Sadly it doesn't look like processes/workmanship/service at Colorado Camper Vans / CCV have changed from the multiple threads here and on the Sportsmobile forum regarding their past issues. :(
I really hope it gets resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.
Happy van'ing. All the best to your mom as well!

nobodyhome

Adventurer
We offer the product and Tequilasunset should get a quality top that functions well. Although there are problems, we will fix them and he will have a great product. I am confident in the end he will be happy with his CCV top.

This must be Matt; Thank you Matt; please make it right by what ever means necessary. Bruce is a good guy and a friend, and was heartbroken by all these issues as was I. I know you know better, and were very open and honest with me when I inquired on CCV tops last year... However, convincing Derek will likely be another story based on Bruce's experiences with him.
Please relay this message to Derek....
"I am friends with folks from Petterson's Off-Road Magazine and their web show "Dirt Everyday". I have asked that portions of Bruce's experience with CCV be included in a piece they are planning on the DOs and DON'Ts of DIY Overlanders. The beginning has already been written; how that story ends, is completely up to you."

Karma is just and fair... in case you are not familiar.

D

Deleted member 62268

Wow... I am blown away by the Lynch mob mentality... conclusions being drawn, threats, actions... blow by blow reporting ..... Using words like "just and fair" when you are not being that yourself.

I encourage anyone contributing toward this type of communications to stop... It is destructive

If that show is dumb enough to take one guys word for it and do a story on it, CCV might find themselves on the lucrative side of a legal settlement...

nobodyhome

Adventurer
Wow... I am blown away by the Lynch mob mentality... conclusions being drawn, threats, actions... blow by blow reporting ..... Using words like "just and fair" when you are not being that yourself.

I encourage anyone contributing toward this type of communications to stop... It is destructive

If that show is dumb enough to take one guys word for it and do a story on it, CCV might find themselves on the lucrative side of a legal settlement...

Wow, I am blown away by dummies chiming into threads when they haven't a clue... rude comments, elitist prick mentality... and the like.

I encourage anyone reading this type of communication who doesn't like it to stop.... what were you expecting with a title containing "**Do business at your own risk**" Sherlock?

If you are dumb enough to think you know more about the subject than 2 of the guys fighting it, CCV might have found its new star employee...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 62268

:ugh::ugh::ugh:
Wow, I am blown away by dummies chiming into threads when they haven't a clue... rude comments, elitist prick mentality... and the like.

I encourage anyone reading this type of communication who doesn't like it to stop.... what were you expecting with a title containing "**Do business at your own risk**" Sherlock?

If you are dumb enough to think you know more about the subject than 2 of the guys fighting it, CCV might have found its new star employee...

Well... That was predictable.... Headsmack....:ugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL