COLORADO CAMPER VAN LLC-**Do business at your own risk**

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Dayumm! That's an offer. Say, my 24 yr old injectors are probably needing replaced and I can't get Ford to do a dang thing about it. Hmmmm??? :D

That's a casual sunday project, at the most :ylsmoke:

In all honesty, if you showed up with new injectors, Id more than likely open the shop door for ya.

Those types of jobs I'm more than willing to lend a hand, allow you to use tools, and provide guidance if you are strapped for cash.

Otherwise, Id certainly do it for a fee :sombrero:

For years Ive operated with one steadfast rule with regards to my tools and friends in need;

You are welcome to use the tools, but the tools never leave the property.
And anything you break, you replace.

tienckb

Adventurer
Thumbs up to IdaSHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

tequilasunset

Adventurer
Sooooooooooooooooo... I will go the bottom line of his response...

I get a long response today saying he will give me $1,300 refund for the gel coat issues, he was angry that I wanted it like new and he would not pay that estimate for cosmetic work when the top cost him less than $1,300.

or buy my van back $3533 (he claims that is the highest KB value for my van) plus what I paid them for the work. I ran KB numbers, removing the seats since they are not there, and I came up with $5,907... a delta of almost $2,400 bucks. That kinda pissed me off... I have also sunk an additional $1,800+ in tires, wheels and mono tube shocks since I got back from that trip to hell.

He failed to mention/address the repair to the scissor action... the dome light... the panel or sending back my camping mat they still have. I guess he assumes the buyout covers those issues rather than FIX THEM!

I want to KEEP my van... and I want it fixed!

As always rain down with your opinions even if you don't agree with my upset...

nobodyhome

Adventurer
...putz.

Here is how to file a law suit in CO...https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/SubCategory.cfm?Category=Small

You may consider the following recourse with CCV...
- Document everything, i.e. problems, van value, repairs costs, time/ resources, any other charges accrued in direct relation to the issues.
- Have your lawyer draft a letter of intent with these costs summarized and give them a chance to settle in full outside of court.
- If they do not settle, your case can be heard in open court. I will be happy to advertise your court date to everyone who will listen so they can come see your CCV troubles first hand.

Last edited:

nobodyhome

Adventurer
Kenny- (IDAsho), that sir is how to run a business! (Derek, pay attention here).

Thanks everyone else for pitching in advise, love to see it.

Bruce- Since I can't fab to save my life, there is little I can do to help here other than with recourse at CCV. If you do wanna run up to Kenny's shop, I might be able to road trip with ya, make it an adventure... maybe others would want to join? Hit some camping spots, little exploring of the PNW, that is, after all, what expedition portal is all about, right?

Just so happens I will be driving to WA state and Idaho this November....standing by...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 62268

Sooooooooooooooooo... I will go the bottom line of his response...

I get a long response today saying he will give me $1,300 refund for the gel coat issues, he was angry that I wanted it like new and he would not pay that estimate for cosmetic work when the top cost him less than $1,300.

or buy my van back $3533 (he claims that is the highest KB value for my van) plus what I paid them for the work. I ran KB numbers, removing the seats since they are not there, and I came up with $5,907... a delta of almost $2,400 bucks. That kinda pissed me off... I have also sunk an additional $1,800+ in tires, wheels and mono tube shocks since I got back from that trip to hell.

He failed to mention/address the repair to the scissor action... the dome light... the panel or sending back my camping mat they still have. I guess he assumes the buyout covers those issues rather than FIX THEM!

I want to KEEP my van... and I want it fixed!

As always rain down with your opinions even if you don't agree with my upset...

If you are this upset over workmanship, customer service etc... Why would you want to continue doing business. Get a settlement that works for you.. Sounds like he is willing to work with you to get you out of this deal... Discuss out the few dollars difference.... And move on... My guess is you will never be happy about how this turns out , now or in the future...

Does not sound like lawsuits are necessary... Not when he is already offering you ways out... You will spend more time and money pursuing it than it would ever be worth...

Just a suggestion...

So he's offered to refund 100% of your money and buy your van at blue book (assuming you can agree what blue book is), or give you $1300 to respray the top, and you are still not happy? Sounds like he's trying to work with you here....

nobodyhome

Adventurer
http://fiberine.com/GVMR/Mini_Van_Tops.html#6

have him refund all your money, give him the top, and call up fiberine to get a permanent high top.

Yeah, I'd dump it all in their driveway, but then there is still the tremendous hole in the roof which negates a return of the van to the "before condition", therefore must be compensated additionally.

Fiberine....They are local here in SoCal. I spoke to Jasmine in sales last week; she was very helpful and really cool, still helped even though she couldn't sell me something (another hint for Derek on how to do business). 12" top is around $1700 and they go all the way up to 30", but those look ultra-lame.

nobodyhome

Adventurer
So he's offered to refund 100% of your money and buy your van at blue book (assuming you can agree what blue book is), or give you $1300 to respray the top, and you are still not happy? Sounds like he's trying to work with you here....

Might wanna give that another read Robb; Derek is trying to give only a $1300 refund (vs the $7000 initial purchase price) to cover a respray, and about half of the KBB value.
We are at a delta of almost $8,000, which isn't working with jack diddly squat actually. That would be like saying... "Gee, sorry I was drunk driving and ran over your dog, here's a $10 off coupon for Starbucks".

Full (or even near full) refund would be the winning move here for sure, but so far that hasn't been put on the table.

Last edited:

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
It is probably not a good idea for me to step into this conversation...

Doing business out of state or out of your comfortable driving proximity can be a problem for the consumer and the vendor.

When you buy a custom product or have custom work performed a great distance from your home, it is incumbent upon the buyer to fully inspect and approve the work or product before leaving with it. It is in your best interest to do this, because addressing the problem once out of the area is very problematic as you have found.

Many of your complaints about the product should have been easily identified on inspection at pick up - why were they not addressed then?

Perhaps the vendor believes that what he supplied you was exactly what the product should be - they feel you got what you paid for..., you do not... That should have been addressed before you paid for it and took delivery.

You have every right to be dissatisfied with the product, but you did buy it as it was, and took delivery as it was. The buyer takes some responsibility in the process and you may have to live with it.

The vendor also should take responsibility and try to make things right - but to who's standards, and at what expense tot he vendor. I'm sure the vendor would be more than willing to fix as much as he can to your satisfaction at his place of business. But to expect a small business vendor to pay other vendors to fix it, is at some point unreasonable. The best thing a vendor can do is offer to compensate you in some way that is reasonable to them to take care of a customer and maintain his business reputation.

Believe it or not, but these are not high margin businesses - this isn't CostCo, where you can buy a product in Colorado, drive it home to California and return it there for a full refund.

Work out a reasonable settlement and move on with getting it in the condition you can live with and enjoy.

I believe Derek is doing what he believes is right by you and stands by his product.

Stroverlander

Adventurer
Sounds like best case scenario would be full refund of purchase price by CCV for poptop, you keep your van and not have to haggle over its value. One easy, concrete number...

I guess I can always dream that someone like U-Joint hooks up with Fiberglassme for a poptop that you know would be a quality install. :sombrero:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL