CONFESSIONS FROM A GUY BEHIND A DESK

HRPINDC

Adventurer
I guess I'm in a different place. I thoroughly enjoy my job and have no desire to leave it early. My job enables me to do the things I want to do. I spend a lot of time in the evenings on this and other similar sites, but never at the office. I happen to be passionate about my job, but I'm not one dimensional and have other passions I pursue when not working. The job affords me the ability to do the other things, even if they are just long weekend adventures. One day I'll dedicate more time to the adventures, but until then I'm happy squeezing them in when I can. The great thing about the Jeep is that I don't have to be on a trail in the middle of nowhere to enjoy it. Top down, doors off and my daily commute is suddenly enjoyable.

KLT88YJ

Observer
The last two nights I spent in my garage installing a new rear bumper on the 85' CJ7 since it was above 20 degrees for a few days in a row. I have a renewed desire to use the Jeep again as it was meant to be but weather & schedules are not cooperating. So I sit here behind my screen, looking out my window at the sun & snow, dreaming about what the next adventure will be. Check the state forest websites once again and download the map to double check the perfect campsite. Check the weather website to see what will be happening the next few weekends and think through my schedule to see if I can make something happen. Surf the expo website to see what everyone else is doing. Post a bit here, post a bit there......

Then reality kicks in and I realize that I am on the clock and am stealing time/money from my boss for my brain meandering. I want to do a good job, I desire to be an asset to the company I work for.

I also desire a taste of the next adventure. Why does almost everyday contain this battle????

Am I alone in this?????

Nope, Definitely not the only one! My work schedule is absolutely horrible. 2 weeks of day work followed by two weeks of night work. I work 5 days on for the first two weeks with 2 days off, then 5 days on and 1 day off. My days off span the course of the week and they rotate every two weeks. It's tough between work and "life" to go out and explore and or just get away!

I constantly find my self day dreaming and thinking of a "next adventure" even some place close to take the family on a day that I'm off. Then comes the next hurdle, my son is in school. If we went somewhere on a weekday, he's in school and would be let down that I didn't take him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cordite

Well, keep dreaming and planning, gents. Went up into north central PA this weekend, as I said. Campgrounds closed, fire roads blocked off for snowcats, lots of snow and ice and too cold for trout. Found a place to tuck in out of the wind but we were not prepared for the intense cold, so we packed it in, found a small hotel and hit the bar. Spring isn't ready yet.

CJAKE7

CJAKE7
Thanks for all the feedback/encouraging words. It may be more cabin fever than anything. I thought about hitting Rausch Creek on Sat. but the impending 6+ inches of snow tomorrow has me discouraged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz