Couple of Months Traveling Through Baja

RedDog

Explorer
Really enjoyed the report. I was just down in Florida for a long visit at my mother's winter condo in Cocoa Beach. Next winter I'll make a point to drive across to your place for a visit and maybe stay a day or two if available. It looks lovely.

RedDog

Explorer
Sounds like a plan RedDog, you missed some amazing weather this season...but I'm sure you were enjoying it on the East Coast too

Yes. Don't intend to hijack the thread but marvelous weather. Took in eight ball games, saw Discovery land, saw two rocket launches. It was total unwind from leaving my job to regroup and ponder opportunities. Did me a world of good. All these years and I never made it down to mom's winter place. I'm not letting that happen another single year. I'll be in touch in the future.

P1040219.jpg

Shuttle.jpg

jmdjax

Adventurer
Yes. Don't intend to hijack the thread but marvelous weather. Took in eight ball games, saw Discovery land, saw two rocket launches. It was total unwind from leaving my job to regroup and ponder opportunities. Did me a world of good. All these years and I never made it down to mom's winter place. I'm not letting that happen another single year. I'll be in touch in the future.

P1040219.jpg

Shuttle.jpg

Snow bird :victory:

MrsTeamWild

What an amazing adventure!! Thank you for sharing!
Hopefully my husband and I can do something similar once the kids are out on their own :)

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
Great report, and fantastic pictures.

I think the fact that it was your first trip to Baja, that you speak no Spanish, and that you were pulling a 25' travel trailer behind a pickup (vs two guys with a land-cruiser and a surf board on the top) makes it resonate with a lot of us, so thanks for this perspective.

I also appreciated the additional resources you linked to. Thanks for that.

I posted this thread on the ExPo facebook page today, so hopefully we will see more people coming to take a look and ask questions.

Cheers

Ray

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Great report, and fantastic pictures.

I think the fact that it was your first trip to Baja, that you speak no Spanish, and that you were pulling a 25' travel trailer behind a pickup (vs two guys with a land-cruiser and a surf board on the top) makes it resonate with a lot of us, so thanks for this perspective.

I also appreciated the additional resources you linked to. Thanks for that.

I posted this thread on the ExPo facebook page today, so hopefully we will see more people coming to take a look and ask questions.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks for that Ray. I've been amazed by how much feedback we've recieved from this one thread. Lots of personal emails asking more detailed questions that we do our best to answer.

I'm glad we could share our adventures with the EXPO community because I know we got lots of our questions answered by members on here while we were planning

Pat, Cindy, awesome write up and andventure. I am so jealous!

Frank

Thanks Frank!

jrfII

Observer
Thank you

Pat & Cindy,

I was born in Yuma, mom and dad moved back east when I was only two. Dad took off shortly there after. I grew up listening to mom talk of their trips to Baja. Dad had an IH 4X4 pickup they would load up and head out for weeks in Baja. They slept in the open bed of the truck, cooked over camp fires on the beaches and fished the waters while they drank beers and tequilla together.

Mom is eighty now and it has been almost fifty years since her last trip with the love of her life down to Baja. But on those rare times when I can coax her into one of her adventure tales I see a spark in her eye that reflects the life affirming adventures she once had so many years ago.

I have read volumes of information on Baja over the years and all of it is pale in comparison to your work here. This is one of the most compelling accounts of Baja I have ever read and the images are magnificent.

Thank you for taking the time to share,

John

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
WOW John, that almost brought a tear to my eye! I cant believe how much this thread has hit home for so many folks here on the forum and those who have found it who aren't even members.

Cindy and I both made some life changing decisions a few nights ago and it all had to do with some photos of our from Baja. We're hoping to sell off everything we've acquired in the past few years and move down there fulltime. It'll probably be a year or so before we can get it all squared away, but that's our long term goal as of now.

Thanks for the kind words and hope you hear a few more of those stories from your mom!

I'myourcliff

Really a very enjoyable report. Thank you so much for posting. It's so cold right now where I am that just looking at your wonderful pictures and hearing about the sun and the sea is putting a smile on my face.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk