Discovery 3 (LR3) and Discovery 4 (LR4) Registry

A.J.M

Explorer
Could be.

Love the compass decal on the sides though.

Also, no matter how i look at it. That D4 nudge bar looks awful. Needs to be full size and cover the bumper as well as that looks like it could get snapped off very easily.

taborj

My thoughts were 20x9.5 Black Stormers with Nitto's but I'd like to know the size. The stance looks great w/just enough sidewall on the tires. Especially with the non painted trim. Agree with ^ on the nudge bar and the Overland Decal. Actually has the hood blacked out with a Overland Logo as well. Pretty cool.

Reynard

Here is my first trip out with our LR3 in South Africa. Area is know for its wild horses.

Where can I find the Jpg for the compass decal?

Attachments

• IMG_7380.jpg
    IMG_7380.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7327.JPG
    IMG_7327.JPG
    372.5 KB · Views: 92

GMR86

Bought a 2005 LR3 last week and took it to Moab

ive dreamed of owning a Land Rover for a long time (like at least 20 of my 28 year existence). Last week I bought my first, a 2005 LR3. This is my first time posting to expeditionportal but I've been a frequent reader for a while. Now that I actually own a vehicle worthy of off-road adventures, I felt like it was about time to join the conversation and share my adventures.
My wife, my little boy, and I packed up our things a couple days after we bought the vehicle and headed to Moab to test it out. A buddy of mine brought his family down too in a jeep. We drove fins n things, hell's revenge, and part of Kane Creek while we were down there and had a great time. It was my first time driving off road in Moab. The LR3 was quite impressive, as everybody here knows. My buddy couldn't believe how capable it was, even with almost bald street tires.

Here are a few photos of my LR from the trip:

image.jpg
Fins n Things

image.jpg
Kane Creek

image.jpg
Hell's Revenge

image.jpg
Before the trip

Anyway, I'm excited to be here.

taborj

GMR86 - Congrats on the LR3 and Welcome! Had a buddy of mine in Moab last week as well with his Jeep from NC. Told me he saw a Silver Rover at Fins and Things. Guessing it could have most likely been you......small world.

Reynard - Hit the baja rack link in the post a few above.

GMR86

I'd guess it probably was. I saw a D1 and D2 down there, but no other D3s. Not that there weren't any others, but it seems likely it was me. Fun to hear things like that.

Finally purchased a Lr4 and just got it back home. Next thing is some cooper zeons then i have no idea after that. Ready to take this thing out west!

photo.jpg

Darlip

So I had my D3/LR3 for a year now and finally I made the transition from spending money on repairs to spending it on some gear....

Last years look:

Current state:

Ray_G

Explorer
Cheers!

Its a special kit designed for the LR3, covers for all 8 windows, by TJM. Its great for reflecting the morning sun and keeps the moisture away when sleeping in the back.

Many thanks, I see myself going to chat with the TJM folks here in Abu Dhabi, having a dark green truck w/black interior is less than optimal at times in the summer!

Jwestpro

Explorer
Cheers!

Its a special kit designed for the LR3, covers for all 8 windows, by TJM. Its great for reflecting the morning sun and keeps the moisture away when sleeping in the back.

Nice find! I like those a lot. Funny you speak of morning sun...is that for over warming issues? Your sig says Sweden where that would not be so much of an issue most of the year, but then you have a photo from what appears to be the great Swedish sand dunes National Park ;)

About your rack, what brand is the rail mount? It looks like it could work with any rack. I have the Hannibal 2m with 2m side awning and 1.5m rear awning but have been wanting to mount it differently.

Ray_G

Explorer
Exploring the Moreeb Dune area on an overnight at the Liwa Oasis.
dad1d3231596ab5acd8fcbc4abee4d2a.jpg

Darlip

Nice find! I like those a lot. Funny you speak of morning sun...is that for over warming issues? Your sig says Sweden where that would not be so much of an issue most of the year, but then you have a photo from what appears to be the great Swedish sand dunes National Park ;)

About your rack, what brand is the rail mount? It looks like it could work with any rack. I have the Hannibal 2m with 2m side awning and 1.5m rear awning but have been wanting to mount it differently.

Believe it or not it actually can get quite hot here during the summer ;)

The rail mount from Front Runner

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk